Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: Faces from the past : a photo essay

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29, 2008
      Yo Vince!
      Where did this disc come from!??

      If the link from the Photobucket didn't work, the photo is attached.

      Is it Nat American or from the Middle East?

      It reminds me so much of the astrolabe-discs William works with. Could these be pictograms of The Four Winds (ie directions) or perhaps drawings of perceived constellations located at the four corners of the sky?

      The one has a spiked helmet and desert-travel scarves. The others could as easily be Tuag camel riders with their turbans. Might a Native person be commemorating the appearance of Strange Visitors in their village?

      -chris