Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Fw: SRAC "River, Rocks, and Time"

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 9, 2008

      --- On Tue, 9/9/08, Susan English <beldingenglish@...> wrote:
      From: Susan English <beldingenglish@...>
      Subject: Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Fw: SRAC "River, Rocks, and Time"
      To: ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 11:17 PM

      Vince,
      It may be my mistake, but I was unable to copy and paste either link.
      Perhaps when you paste in a web address, I suggest hitting enter just past the link and it will highlight. Then you and we can click into the sites instead of having to paste them. Regardless, thanks for including the group here in your interesting work, Vince.
      My apologies to the group if the sites Vince put in are OK.
      Susan

      From: Vincent Barrows <v_barrows@yahoo. com>
      To: ancient_waterways_ society@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 12:29 PM

      FYI;  This is a highly anticipated upcoming presentation.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 9, 2008
        Sorry Vince and all,

        The links are fine.

        Nationalizing Cahokia. How does that sit with some of you? Steve Garcia
        grew up near there. I am curious to hear what Vince, Steve, and others
        here think of federal government management of archaeological sites,
        museums, etc. MSE

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Susan English
        <beldingenglish@...> wrote:

        > Vince,
        > It may be my mistake, but I was unable to copy and paste either link.
        > Perhaps when you paste in a web address, I suggest hitting enter just
        past the link and it will highlight. Then you and we can click into the
        sites instead of having to paste them. Regardless, thanks for including
        the group here in your interesting work, Vince.
        > My apologies to the group if the sites Vince put in are OK.
        > Susan

        > SuzEnglish@...

        Time"

        com> wrote:

        > From: SRAC "River, Rocks, and Time" dtwigg@spanishhill. com>
        > Subject: SRAC "River, Rocks, and Time"
        > To: v_barrows@yahoo. com
        > Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 10:13 AM
        >

        > SRAC "River, Rocks, and Time"
        >

        > Monday Sept 15th - All About Our Gridstone and Others Found at Mound
        Sites

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 29, 2008
          It comes down to Which is the lesser of two evils....
          With State protocols, and this applies to MN, CA or any other State i've worked in/with/whatever...there will always be lack of funding and haphazard scientific methodology if not blatant ignorance of what constitutes pre- or Historical site awareness. BUT... any good scientist with credentials would be allowed to tackle the projects with their own philosophies intact and able to voice their opinions about what they think they've found... especially/or even if it means exposing the Diffusionist POV.

          Federally managed sites nearly automatically get fenced, blocked off from study by anyone the Gov boys think might interpret anything that does not match the USGovt paradigms of what "History" is. ie Columbus first, Bering Bridge, Clovis barrier and certainly no Middle Eastern influence within North America prior to the 1500's. No Hebrew, no Arabs, no Persians, no Mithraic Egyptians (regardless of what Gloria Farley had to reveal). If anyone did any archaeology it would be with sterile blinders on and no outside speculations on Old Wld contact. Otherwise their reports would never see the light of day and the incriminating artifacts would get as lost as Indiana Jones' Arc Box.

          The watered, mown, managed, captive lawn always looks greener, is my cautionary advice. The grass may be browner on the open range, but there's freedom to go where the mind leads. You have the freedom to squak and write public letters to the Senator in a State system. There are no recourses or alternatives under Federal rule, than their restrictions.

          my thots
          -chris

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 29, 2008
            On the attached composite shot of 'my grid' #254, i show a couple of different ways 6 might have been counted off on the grid, depending on which square or space a person started counting on or from.

            The other attachments concern the Yupana Count system and some examples of it. One website i found seemed to connect the Yupana with the Quipus counting method, which employed knots on strings. To my knowledge, that process was last said to be 'lost' and nobody knew how the Quipus was used? Or has more been found on that? Would the sketch from the 1700 be a clue to somebody who is a puzzle solver if the two systems reflected eachother somehow? Ah well. Now i AM getting off topic.

            The black Tablar de Multiplicacion is a photo shared from the files of Bernardo Victor Biados Yacovazzo, professor of Anthropology at St.Francis Asizi University, La Paz, Bolivia and co-founder of
            OIIB - Omega Institute Investigations . Bolivia
            INTI - NonGovernmental Organizacion . Bolivia

            The grids we are familiar with in N.Am and Yupana from Central and South Am, however, could seem to have possible connections?
            -chris

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008
              Hi Chris

              Just real quick, as I'm in the middle of something and must keep at it.

              The quipis are now known to represent much more than counting. The color
              of the thread, the direction of the looping, the length of the thread
              all had meaning. To the Inca, quipi was a veritable encyclopedia. Just
              as an intuitive thing, perhaps someone who is proficient with sign
              language should try to interpret it...

              If there was contact (like there was another possibility!) between the
              Andes and the Mississippi Valley, there was likely some kind of "Rosetta
              Stone". If we get lucky...(see Edison's definition of invention).

              Best

              Oz

              --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Chris Patenaude
              <yacrispyubetcha@...> wrote:

              > On the attached composite shot of 'my grid' #254, i show a couple of
              different ways 6 might have been counted off on the grid, depending on
              which square or space a person started counting on or from.

              > The other attachments concern the Yupana Count system and some
              examples of it. One website i found seemed to connect the Yupana with
              the Quipus counting method, which employed knots on strings. To my
              knowledge, that process was last said to be 'lost' and nobody knew how
              the Quipus was used? Or has more been found on that? Would the sketch
              from the 1700 be a clue to somebody who is a puzzle solver if the two
              systems reflected eachother somehow? Ah well. Now i AM getting off
              topic.

              > The black Tablar de Multiplicacion is a photo shared from the files of
              Bernardo Victor Biados Yacovazzo, professor of Anthropology at
              St.Francis Asizi University, La Paz, Bolivia and co-founder of
              > OIIB - Omega Institute Investigations . Bolivia
              > INTI - NonGovernmental Organizacion . Bolivia
              >

              > The grids we are familiar with in N.Am and Yupana from Central and
              South Am, however, could seem to have possible connections?
              > -chris

              {background-color:#888;color:#fff important;}

              > #yiv2064388299 #yiv867244694 div#emailbody table#itemcontentlist tr td
              div ul {
              > list-style-type:square;padding-left:1em;}
              >
              > #yiv2064388299 #yiv867244694 div#emailbody table#itemcontentlist tr td
              div blockquote {
              > padding-left:6px;border-left:6px solid #dadada;margin-left:1em;}
              >
              > #yiv2064388299 #yiv867244694 div#emailbody table#itemcontentlist tr td
              div li {
              > margin-bottom:1em;margin-left:1em;}
              >

              > #yiv2064388299 #yiv867244694 table#itemcontentlist tr td a:link,
              #yiv2064388299 #yiv867244694 table#itemcontentlist tr td a:visited,
              #yiv2064388299 #yiv867244694 table#itemcontentlist tr td a:active {