Re: Portal to Maya Underworld?

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
      Hi Steve,

      Please go ahead and fire away; I always enjoy what you have to say and
      enjoy looking at things from broader perspective.

      I only added comment because I don't like to insert a link without
      comment. I do know two who read posts at this site who have done some
      diving in Yucatan ceynotes. I personally found one which, to me, show
      physical evidence of considerable antiquity. But, that particular site
      was long ago damaged by countless tourists and will never be of
      archaeological interest.

      While I have you online here, Steve, I hope you will check out the
      Atlantic Conference Halifax web site which intends to stay current as
      they are working into a third conference. First was in the Orkneys. It
      is my personal hope you see yourself involved with this association of
      bright international people and consider investing toward the next
      conference (and a week or two to explore there). I wrote to your friend
      Chris Dunn soon as I got back. I wish I could better express myself,
      sometimes.

      Thanks for contributing to this web site, despite little traffic or
      interest here. I do like the ideals behind a global, ancient waterways
      connection between cultures throughout the span of human existence.

      Diffusionists Without Borders, MSE

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "bigalemc2"

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2008
        http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/Marburg72/Faces%20of%20the%20Past/

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2008

          Vince,

          Thanks for sending the link below...I am also inserting the Marburg72 link (not sure what Marburg means) that your Faces of the Past is also connected to. Are all photos within the links from your collection that you are cataloguing along with stone tablets? I clicked onto the photos and did not see specific descriptions, dates, sites where each was found....unless I am not clicking in the right place.

          I wonder if you could you introduce the sites, for the archived posts here and then put them into the Links or photos section, for reference purposes.

          Thanks again, Vince.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 29, 2008
            Yo Vince!
            Where did this disc come from!??

            If the link from the Photobucket didn't work, the photo is attached.

            Is it Nat American or from the Middle East?

            It reminds me so much of the astrolabe-discs William works with. Could these be pictograms of The Four Winds (ie directions) or perhaps drawings of perceived constellations located at the four corners of the sky?

            The one has a spiked helmet and desert-travel scarves. The others could as easily be Tuag camel riders with their turbans. Might a Native person be commemorating the appearance of Strange Visitors in their village?

            -chris