Re: Portal to Maya Underworld?

  • bigalemc2
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
      Susan -

      Can you clarify your meaning here?

      I have a general comment, but am not sure how to respond specifically to yours.

      Steve

       All, From National Geographic this week. I'd bet this wasn't recreated after the myths and legends as the archaeologist suggests...Especially others here who have gone diving in the thousands of underwater ceynotes and passages in MezoAmerica.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
        Hi Steve,

        Please go ahead and fire away; I always enjoy what you have to say and
        enjoy looking at things from broader perspective.

        I only added comment because I don't like to insert a link without
        comment. I do know two who read posts at this site who have done some
        diving in Yucatan ceynotes. I personally found one which, to me, show
        physical evidence of considerable antiquity. But, that particular site
        was long ago damaged by countless tourists and will never be of
        archaeological interest.

        While I have you online here, Steve, I hope you will check out the
        Atlantic Conference Halifax web site which intends to stay current as
        they are working into a third conference. First was in the Orkneys. It
        is my personal hope you see yourself involved with this association of
        bright international people and consider investing toward the next
        conference (and a week or two to explore there). I wrote to your friend
        Chris Dunn soon as I got back. I wish I could better express myself,
        sometimes.

        Thanks for contributing to this web site, despite little traffic or
        interest here. I do like the ideals behind a global, ancient waterways
        connection between cultures throughout the span of human existence.

        Diffusionists Without Borders, MSE

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "bigalemc2"

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2008
          http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/Marburg72/Faces%20of%20the%20Past/

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7, 2008

            Vince,

            Thanks for sending the link below...I am also inserting the Marburg72 link (not sure what Marburg means) that your Faces of the Past is also connected to. Are all photos within the links from your collection that you are cataloguing along with stone tablets? I clicked onto the photos and did not see specific descriptions, dates, sites where each was found....unless I am not clicking in the right place.

            I wonder if you could you introduce the sites, for the archived posts here and then put them into the Links or photos section, for reference purposes.

            Thanks again, Vince.

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 29, 2008
              Yo Vince!
              Where did this disc come from!??

              If the link from the Photobucket didn't work, the photo is attached.

              Is it Nat American or from the Middle East?

              It reminds me so much of the astrolabe-discs William works with. Could these be pictograms of The Four Winds (ie directions) or perhaps drawings of perceived constellations located at the four corners of the sky?

              The one has a spiked helmet and desert-travel scarves. The others could as easily be Tuag camel riders with their turbans. Might a Native person be commemorating the appearance of Strange Visitors in their village?

              -chris