Atlantic Conference Update

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2008

      In the article to follow, there is an excellent "diffusionist" statement and definition in this more recent update from the Atlantic Conference.  Native peoples, politicians, researchers, educators, already working closely and equally together with the international Sinclair/St. Clair clan and highly respected memb[uers of the scientific community are drawing public notice.  Many  from around the world are watching this young group of organizers put on what looks to be a remarkable multiple-disciplinary assemblage of backgrounds from the physical/quantum, and social sciences.  Scientists, avocational researchers, lay persons and people of diverse international cultures/ideas are considering possibilities that there was frequent cooperative, and peaceful ancient contact and two way cross-Atlantic diffusion between North Americn indiginious peoples, 'Europeans' and others .

      Member from of Friends of this site w$ho attended the 'Ancient Waterways Society'  weekend gathering last May along Lake Superior are already en route for Nova Scotia to assist with, sponsor,  or speak at the Atlantic Conference are: Rick and Pat Osman, Lee and Joy Pennington, Wayne May and Ancient American staff, geologist Scott Wolter, possibly William Smith, myself and others I am not aware of.

      Hope some of you might be able to attend or be involved with the next Atlantic Conference next year.

      I received a note from Steve St. Clair today: not intending to make money on the event and wishing to make it possible for anyone interested to attend who can get there, there is a further reduction to a $25 fee for the entire conference, which includes one lunch.  My kind of people.

      Another new presenter will be Speaker of the House of Commons (see below plus Speakers)

      I may blog updates from the confernce.  Rick Osman will be hosting the Oopa Loopa Cafe internet radio directly from the floor live tomorrow evening, so please fewel free to call in and be a part of the conference.

      Susan

        Home     Schedule     Speakers     Poster Competition     Travel     Register     Our Aims     About Us     Contact

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEe

      The Hon. Peter Milliken, Speaker of the House of Commons and M.P. for Kingston and the Islands to Address the Atlantic Conference on August 16th at Saint Mary's University, Halifax, NS.

      The Hon. Peter Milliken is scheduled to address the Atlantic Conference on Saturday, August 16th.  He will be among scientists and researchers exploring theories that point to ancient contact between indigenous peoples of North America and early Europeans.

      Presented as the definitive gathering of world experts on the possibility of early trans-Atlantic contact, the Atlantic Conference will take place on August 16th & 17th at Saint Mary's University in Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Linguists, Indigenous experts, Archaeologists, Cartographers, DNA experts and thought leaders from many differing fields will gather to share their recent work, their views regarding early trans-Atlantic contact between peoples of the Americas with those of Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

      Since the 1933 discovery of a flint spearhead unearthed at Clovis, New Mexico, scientists, academics and just about everyone else became entrenched in the idea that North Americans arrived on this continent exclusively via the Bering Straight land bridge. The mammoth skeleton that lay beside the Clovis point was carbon-dated to 11,500 years ago and there seemed to be no other find that pointed to older human habitation in North America. This theory became so accepted that archaeologists stopped looking for older artifacts.

      But, all along, our native friends have told a different story. They speak of many waves of migration between the peoples of Europe and those of North America, and it was not just a one way street.  DNA and other evidence points to the influence of indigenous North American blood with that of North Europeans and vice versa.

      Many different people throughout the world have, in the past couple decades, arrived at conclusions that point to ancient contact from both sides of the Atlantic.

      "Our aim is to bring together completely different fields of study which point to the same conclusions," says Steve St. Clair, one of the organizers of the event. The Sinclair family is one of the sponsors of the event and also lays claim to an ancestor who was likely here about 100 years before Columbus. Niven Sinclair, another leader of the conference says, "There is compelling evidence that Prince Henry St. Clair was here in 1398, but he certainly wasn't the first." Indeed, many researchers, academics and scientists will gather at Saint Mary's to show evidence that ranges from a Roman coin found in Mexico to the Kensington Runestone, covered in strange letterforms, that was found in 1898 in Minnesota. "There is simply an overwhelming amount of evidence in favor of early trans-Atlantic voyaging all the way back to the Hebrews, the Romans, the Phoenicians, the Minoans, the Vikings, the Basque peoples and many more," says event organizer Mark Staveley of Newfoundland. "We believe that a gathering of multiple disciplines will lead to new avenues of research and possibly even more concrete proof."

      Metis Natives as well as Natives from the Anishinaabe and Mi'kmaq tribes will be on hand to bless the event and to share sacred stories of early contact. "It's time for these stories to be told to a wider audience," says Martin Carriere, a Native leader who will speak to the conference on the need to re-unification of the world family, the first part of which was very early contact across the Atlantic. "Living and being together as a family is truly the only option that engenders lasting peace."

      Mr. Milliken's address will be one of the first in what is turning out to be a unification of many countries and cultures in the center of where this early contact took place – Nova Scotia.  "Nova Scotia is central to the story of early contact," says Staveley. "When coming east to west, many of these early explorers established Nova Scotia as their first base of operations on this continent. Consider L'Anse aux Meadows, the early Norse settlement which generated so much controversy in academic circles. "Now this discovery is universally accepted as valid," says Staveley, "but not before nearly destroying the husband and wife team who proved it valid."  Steve St. Clair says, "This area of exploration, known as Diffusionism, is not without controversy. Most academics tread cautiously here. And that's why this conference is so important. The shear amount of evidence is beginning to overwhelm the skeptics."

      The Atlantic Conference is August 16th & 17th in McNally Main Auditorium at Saint Mary's University in Halifax. All are welcome to attend and tickets can be acquired at www.AtlanticConference.org. The cost for a two-day pass to hear all speeches is $25 and includes lunch in the campus cafeteria. Over 12 speakers will present during the 2-day conference.

       A small sampling of the proofs of early trans-Atlantic contact long before Columbus –

      17,000 years ago, Pre-Clovis explorers crossed the Atlantic about settling in what is now South Carolina.

      10,000-7,000 B.C., Northern Europeans called `Red Paint People' followed migratory seabirds across the North Atlantic to America. Burial remains from Maine to Labrador dating to the 6th millennium B.C. show that these peoples were proficient craftsmen.

      Cliff paintings and stone carvings in Scandinavia and also in North America seem to point to a connection.

      The Kennewick Man was living in what is now Washington State about 5000-9000 years ago.

      1000 B.C., Hebrew explorers may have crossed the Atlantic.

      1001 A.D., Leif Ericcson and company crossed about 1001 A.D.

      1398, Prince Henry St. Clair crossed from Scotland.

      1497, the Cabot family crossed and possibly had a first voyage just before Columbus.

    • Rick Osmon
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2008
        Here is the link for the segment with Gunnar Thompson:

        http://www.blogtalkradio.com/oopa-loopa-cafe/2008/08/15/tba

        and if that is a decent example of the speakers at this thing, we're in for a treat!

        And Terry, glad to meet you.

        Oz