Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: Ursa Major, Lake Superior, and the coppertail bear!

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 26, 2008

      Herb;

      I appreciate the insight and excellent information that you shared. Also, your website is excellent! I had not heard of the Coppertail bear legend- but its truly amazing to hear of a connection with the copper country to the myths and legends of the Ojibwa. I appreciate your work on the copper culture and it would be great to see your book when you finish.

      Lee Pennington is the movie producer that films historical documentaries.

      his website is located here: I have only seen the Moundbuilder and Easter Island Movies, and I thought they were both outstanding!

      http://www.joleproductions.com/history.html

      I heard that Lee was treated shortly after the tick was noticed and he is recovering.

      I put together a website about the Cahokia Mounds - a place that I think was an important trade center during the copper culture - due to the large amounts of copper found there recently in Mound 34. it is located here: http://www.freewebs.com/historyofmonksmound

      http://www.freewebs.com/historyofmonksmound/welchbutterfly.htm

      Best regards;

      Vince.