Yahoo NSExplore · Exploring Nova Scotia

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2008

      With several of us from Ancient Waterways Society and the Thor group planning a first time visit to Halifax, Nova Scotia to attend the Atlantic Conference in August,  I joined the Yahoo NS Explore group to learn more about Nova Scotia history, pre-history and geography. I discoverd the Yahoo group through Nova Scotia member, Terry Deveau and others involved with the Atlantic Conference.

      I doubt Terry would mind my mention that he and a couple of others recently found a long sought-after cave or pit they will soon explore.  The discovery ( re-discovery) of what is now being called  the "Vault on North Mountain" has elitited much excitement, many posts from the 310 member Yahoo group:

      Some here looking to start their own regional Yahoo group might enjoy reading some of the intercorrespondence, adventures, and educational activities this active organization has engaged in for a few years.  I wish my particular region of the country had so many interesting educational, historical, geological, archaeological  organizationsa, activities a nd field trips as the NS  region of the continent has.

      Thanks for your input, Terry.  I still hope to attend/help with the conference and will certainly want to go on some of the field trips and tours you are leading the Monday-Friday following the conference that will not entail a person to be in prime physical condition.

      Susan English