post-Atlantic Conference Tours by AWS member Terry Deveau

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2008

      All,

      I know others besides myself here at Ancient Waterways Society are planning on attending, speaking, or assisting with the Atlantic Conference on the campus at St. Mary's University in Halifax, Nova Scotia August 15-17th:  http://www.atlanticconference.org/index.php

      Wayne May of Ancient American Magazine, member Rick Osmon/Oopa Loopa Cafe Radioazine, and Clan Sinclair organizations worldwide are sponsoring the conference.

      AWS member from Nova Scotia, Terry Deveau volunteered to set up and will lead the post-conference tours August 18-22.  See tour schedule and list of sites below.

         Home     Schedule     Speakers     Poster Competition     Travel     Register     Our Aims     About Us     Contact

      Terry Deveau's Post-Conference Schedule

      Our good friend Terry Deveau has volunteered to set up the post-conference tours.
      Note: this is tentative. Details are still being worked out.
      If you plan to stay on and attend these tours, please contact Terry very soon by clicking this link.

      Monday, Aug. 18

      - Bayers Lake Walls and Ruins

      - Lunch

      - Lilly Lake Petroglyph

      - Eagle Rock "dolmen" and vista site

      - Bedford Petroglyphs

      - Rocking Stone and Kidston Stone

      - Supper

      - SMU observatory tour

      - Spend night in Halifax

      Tuesday, Aug. 19

      - Cap d'Or Frederick Pohl archaeology site

      - Advocate Harbour

      - Lunch

      - Joggins Fossil Museum

      - Fort Lawrence Acadian archaeology site

      - Sinclair monument Halfway Cove

      - Sinclair monument Boylston

      - Supper

      - Spend night in Halifax

      Wednesday, August 20

      - Oak Island Tour

      - Lunch

      - Yarmouth Runic Stone

      - Yarmouth County Museum Tour

      - Supper

      - Lecture: Inscribed Stones of SW NS

      - Spend night in Yarmouth

      Thursday, August 21

      - Boat trip to Lent's Island Stone

      - Fort Anne, Annapolis Royal

      - Lunch

      - Port Royal Habitation Site

      - Grand Pré Acadian Deportation Site

      - New Ross "Castle-at-the-Cross" Site

      - Supper at Peggy's Cove

      - Spend night in Halifax

      Friday, August 22

      - Difficult hike to Sibley Stone

      - Goodbye Lunch

      © Copyright St. Clair Research 2008, All Rights Reserved

      http://www.atlanticconference.org/AtlanticConference-2/PostSchedule.htm