Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Orkney Islands influential in the design/building of Egyptian Pyramids?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 15 10:29 PM
      Susan, great link!!
      This paragraph tickled my fancy...

      "At Maes Howe on the Orkney islands - a chambered tomb
      built around 3000BC - the builders devised a standard
      unit of length by taking detailed readings from the
      movement of sun and stars.

      Dr Lomas believes this measurement - the megalithic
      yard - proves the islanders knew the earth was round.

      They also understood that it moved around the sun
      centuries before it was generally accepted by the rest
      of the world."

      Again, confirmation of Crichton Miller's
      re-discoveries!
      -c

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/1021508.stm