Re: Orkney Islands influential in the design/building of Egyptian Pyramids?

  • james m. clark jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2008
      Scotlands name comes from the Egyptian princess Scota. I think she is
      mentiond in the Irish Annuals.

      The Irish claim an Etruscan heritage also. But on an earlier note,
      Milesians as well and even the ancient Lydians who are the Maeonians
      the first to rule the seas. According to Eusebius, (see "Navis") at
      A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities (1890) (eds. William
      Smith, LLD, William Wayte, G. E. Marindin

      http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/ptext?doc=Perseus:text:1999.04.0063&query=page%3D%231276

      and "The Journal of Hellenic Studies", Vol. XXVII (1907), page 83

      The list given by Eusebius is the same in "The Journal of Hellenic
      Studies" but the leading British Israelite historian ends the sea
      power dates roughly the same and in the same order as Eusebius but
      ends with:

      Aeginetans 10 490- 480

      "In [that year,] Xerxes marches his armies from Asia into Europe."

      Tacitus, as some assume, may have been describing Runic, perhaps
      Etruscan, but as far as the word hundred Caesar describes its use in a
      political sense. Makes me wonder if that would include Lou-lan in the
      Tarim Basin. The Galatians attacked Rome so did the Mongols, but it
      was the Irish, Allen's, and Vandals who cleaned the slate and
      virtually re-educated the modern world. If not, I'll get right one
      day.

      be well,
      jamey

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
      <beldingenglish@...> wrote:

      > Jamie, All,
      >
      > Interesting BBC article about author(s) of Uriel's Machine: The Ancient
      > Origins of Science:
      >
      > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/1021508.stm
      > <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/1021508.stm>
      >
      > "Island brains behind pyramids?"
      > [Pyramids]
      >
      > The skills are said to have been exported
      > The pyramids of Egypt may have been inspired by a group of builders on
      > the Scottish island of Orkney, according to an academic.
      > Dr Robert Lomas, of the University of Bradford, believes complex
      > construction techniques were developed on Orkney more than 1,000 years
      > before the Egyptians used similar ideas.
      > He said skills used on the islands from 3800 BC were extremely
      > sophisticated.
      > The Egyptians heard of the ideas and copied their techniques after they
      > spread across Europe.
      > Astronomer priests
      > Dr Lomas said: "These people seem to have been led by a group of
      > astronomer priests who passed on their knowledge to pilgrims all over
      > Britain.
      > "Unfortunately, although they were intelligent, they had not developed
      > any type of writing that we are able to read so their discoveries have
      > been forgotten.
      > [Maes Howe]
      > Going underground at Maes Howe
      > "We can see what they did but have to experiment to find out how they
      > did it."
      > At Maes Howe on the Orkney islands - a chambered tomb built around
      > 3000BC - the builders devised a standard unit of length by taking
      > detailed readings from the movement of sun and stars.
      > Dr Lomas believes this measurement - the megalithic yard - proves the
      > islanders knew the earth was round.
      > They also understood that it moved around the sun centuries before it
      > was generally accepted by the rest of the world.
      > Seafaring theory
      > The measurement was used to build state-of-the-art monuments, he said.
      > In the book Uriel's Machine: The Ancient Origins Of Science, Dr Lomas
      > and co-author Christopher Knight argue that the megalithic yard - which
      > measures 82.966cm - could easily have been taken by seafarers to
      > Brittany and beyond.
      > The megalithic yard was first discovered in 1967 by Professor Alexander
      > Thom, of Oxford University, who analysed more than 400 sites around the
      > British Isles and Northern France.

    • james m. clark jr.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2008
        "According to tradition the earliest inhabitants of Attica lived in a
        savage manner until the time of Cecrops, who came, in 1550 BC, with a
        colony from Egypt, taught them all the essentials of civilization, and
        founded Athens. One of Cecrops' descendants founded eleven other
        cities in the regions round, and there followed a period of mutual
        hostility."

        http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/cgi-bin/xphrase.pl?keyword=Cecrops

        Scota is given to Miledh/Gathelus, son of Cecrops, also known as
        Calcol from whom all ancient Caladonia is named that is'nt exactly
        in the remote regions round, not by land anyhow, nor by seaway of the
        Pillars of Hercules.

        http://www.pictart.org/historyimages/map_tribes.jpg

        But first, King Nectonibus of Egypt makes Miledh commander of his army
        to deal with the threat of the Ethiopian king at the same time trouble
        was in Athens. While Gathelus is still in Egypt following the victory
        that made him known, he bore two sons from Scotia, namely Eber Finn &
        Amerghin.

        How they reached these distant lands in the North is even more
        fascinating, especially if by ship, which is ironically in recorded
        history.

        In 1995, According to: A History of Pagan Europe, By Prudence Jones &
        Nigel Pennick; Published by Routledge, a startling claim is made about
        the Suebus River being the Oder river durring the era of Tacitus. As
        far as I know they are own there own on this one.

        http://books.google.com/books?id=vYtrv5qD9isC&pg=PA114&lpg=PA114&dq=danube+oder+suebus&source=web&ots=zeApOj4c7L&sig=bgK8NUq_ogzUTm93QiatZ0_GPsQ&hl=en#PPA114,M1

        pages 112 113 & 114 shed some vital information, old recorded sagas,
        especially on ships and goddess, and tribal gods whom are without a
        doubt in my mind were, in some cases historical figures. But unlike a
        Triune doctrine, pagan gods are never equal with their father even if
        its monotheistic, and as old as Egypt. It seems to me that a modern
        projection is more akin to the spread of Manichaism rather than the
        actual records that promote higher education even higher, for without
        it, we would have no advancement or history.

        I have been trying to fizzle through some modern British Israelite
        debates or rather material as there are many errors given to the
        leading scholar on world history, but recorded history is far more
        scholarly than any degree earned.

        be well,
        jamey

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "james m. clark jr."

        Message 3 of 4 , May 15, 2008
          Susan, great link!!
          This paragraph tickled my fancy...

          "At Maes Howe on the Orkney islands - a chambered tomb
          built around 3000BC - the builders devised a standard
          unit of length by taking detailed readings from the
          movement of sun and stars.

          Dr Lomas believes this measurement - the megalithic
          yard - proves the islanders knew the earth was round.

          They also understood that it moved around the sun
          centuries before it was generally accepted by the rest
          of the world."

          Again, confirmation of Crichton Miller's
          re-discoveries!
          -c