Re: Awareness: American Indian group prays for protection of burial place

  • james m. clark jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2008
      Hi my wet friends,

      Cross-Cultural Collaboration: Native Peoples and Archaeology in the
      Northeastern United States by Joe Watkins (Foreword), Jordan E. Kerber

      (might want to check for better prices elsewhere)

      No customer reviews yet. Be the first.

      Overall, the most recent program aired on PBS was a disappointment.

      Based on the assumption for early civilization born on warfare is
      assumed that such a mother city such as the lost civilization site in
      the flood plains of Peru's discovery of, maybe, the largest lost
      pyramid ever discovered, turns out to be a great trade center with no
      warfare artifacts found... as of yet.
      Yet, a small infant wrapped in layers of cotton, grown in the area,
      is probed for no reason other than the false reason assumed. Now if
      there was a reason based on science maybe logic should have been the
      earliest intervention instead of something to see on tv. I seriously
      doubt this will help with the ongoing struggle in archeology fund
      raising. Besides bones are of no interest to me unless fish is cooked
      on the flame with a cold beer, a lemon and stars in the nite. So if I
      died you would know I died happy.

      be well,

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"