Re: Awareness: American Indian group prays for protection of burial place

  • james m. clark jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 5:00 AM
      Hi my wet friends,

      Cross-Cultural Collaboration: Native Peoples and Archaeology in the
      Northeastern United States by Joe Watkins (Foreword), Jordan E. Kerber
      (Editor)

      http://www.amazon.com/Cross-Cultural-Collaboration-Peoples-Archaeology-Northeastern/dp/0803278179
      (might want to check for better prices elsewhere)

      No customer reviews yet. Be the first.

      Overall, the most recent program aired on PBS was a disappointment.

      Based on the assumption for early civilization born on warfare is
      assumed that such a mother city such as the lost civilization site in
      the flood plains of Peru's discovery of, maybe, the largest lost
      pyramid ever discovered, turns out to be a great trade center with no
      warfare artifacts found... as of yet.
      Yet, a small infant wrapped in layers of cotton, grown in the area,
      is probed for no reason other than the false reason assumed. Now if
      there was a reason based on science maybe logic should have been the
      earliest intervention instead of something to see on tv. I seriously
      doubt this will help with the ongoing struggle in archeology fund
      raising. Besides bones are of no interest to me unless fish is cooked
      on the flame with a cold beer, a lemon and stars in the nite. So if I
      died you would know I died happy.

      be well,
      jamey

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"