R. Baird's Ancient Navigation, Delta waves, & Wisc. astrolabe?

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 4:07 PM

      Ancient Waterways,

      Many of you are not members of the Thor site so I am transferring the post over,  titled  "Baird's Ancient Navigation, Delta waves, & Wisc. astrolabe? "   to this group. It is a response to  one of our members, Pam,  who moved from the Ohio-Kentucky area to England  several months ago. She also grew up near the Aztalan Mounds  east of Madison, Wisconsin.

      The information in the post refers to old waterways, ancient navigation, and a retired geologist I will be recontacting next week and need to have some relevant questions to ask him.

      Please skip or forgive this long post if not into ancient copper,  radical theorists, or if I am over-posting  :)

      Any of you traveling up to the Keweenaw Peninsula following the invitation/post I sent this group a few weeks ago, I'll see you up there, and be sure and bring fleece, long  johns, umbrella and a folding or lawn chair.  We'll have more such activities anywhere anyone is interested in having one and others able to travel to, along ancient global waterways.   Email me for phone and contact info anyone needing couch space en route to Lake Superior mid-May.  We'll keep the group posted on the gathering and new insights gained.  There will also be copies of informal talks/research by several attending that I'd be happy to nab copies of and send to any of you here, for the cost of postage.  Bailey said on the phone he will have a paper on the Jeffers site in MN, possibly Peterborough Petroglyphs, and I asked him to talk about Barry Fell.  Chuck keeps in concact with Barry's son who is carrying some of his dad's work forward plus apparently research and istights of his own.

      Susan

      Hi Pam, All,

      Forgot to insert the link to Baird's "Ancient Navigation" article: http://www.world-mysteries.com/gw_rbaird.htm#Author  In case the link doesn't work, I will insert a scan of the article at the end of the post.

      Searching, I too did not find anything else about an astrolabe in Wisconsin which Baird stated was as old or older than the astrolabe found on a wreck off the Greek island of Antikythera in 1900 and dated in 2006 to about 150-100 BC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

      I wonder if the 80,000 figure Baird refers to  ancient technology to be a misprint, and actually 8000.  I did find the article and reference particularly enticing  because of a personal contact I made over ten years ago through a museum curator who handed me a Minneapolis Star Tribune article from the late 60's  in reference to a  Minnesota geologist who at that time was departing for a  one year sabbatical leave in Greece to analyze bronze and copper artifacts.  The "Copper Project"  was under the lead of the Argonne National Laboratory in Illinois in cooperation with Carlton College, the Univ. of Minn, and Greek Atomic Energy Commission in an attempt to determine the regional origin of the copper content.

       The 1969 Tribune article was titled, "Professor to Dig Into Copper Mine Mystery-Did Ancient Greeks Mine in America?" and  began, "Did Greek sailors cross the Atlantic 5000-6000 years ago and sail up the Great Lakes chain to mine coppper in Northern Michigan...?"

      I'd phoned the then-retired  geologist who'd apparently not discussed the subject for some time, did not have favorable things to say about some of the statements made in the article but that there was also truth within the article.  The "fingerprinting" of the copper  results then was inconclusive but he felt the sabatical produced other interesting data.  I regret it but declined an offer he made to send copies of his unpublished research to me. Not being a geologist nor knowing any at the time, it was unsettling to think of his work getting into the wrong hands and I suggested one of his former grad students could work with him on the field notes, etc.  For a few years I kept him posted by mail of some of the activities of diffusionist researchers with whom I was acquainted, occasionally called  until maybe five or six years ago.

      After starting this  reply today,  I  decided to see if the geologist is still around. He remembered our conversations and we spoke quite a while.  The professor  had visitors and asked that I  get back to him in a week so he could go through his things.  At my suggestion, he is going to see if he can get in touch with a former grad student who might be interested in some of the work he did on sabattical.  I hoped the two could work together to carry his work  forward.  Especially in lieu of the fact that metals content, tracing, dating techniques have changed substantially in the forty years since  the professor's samples were taken.

      Anyway, didn't mean to go on and on here,  but  there may be ancient 'Greek' navigation/copper trade  possiblities there. I also found the Baird article and ancient astrolabe reference  enticing.  And I am just considering possiblities, though not a scientist or researcher. But always considering who to connect to whom in this important work  you all do that I believe to be a significant part of wonderful paradigm and societal shifts en process the past decade or so.  And 'seems to me' to be accellerating.

      Pam, I hope you are having a wondrous time in England.  You are missed very much and many hope you visit the States again soon. Whenever that is,  hopefully someone will set up an  inexpensive, homey  weekend gathering at a site of your choosing.   With a bit of notice for we living distant.  Or feel free to call and I'll help get things rolling prior to your visit.

      Anyone find anything real about Baird's comments on the two perfect tetrahedra in the Great Pyramid, and the Delta sounds and harmonics?  Is that something Dunn and Mehler have worked on together,  too?

      Sincerely,  Susan

      _______________________________________

       Ancient Navigation

      by Robert Baird

      DR. SENTIEL ROMMEL: - As part of the research team that sought to know how advanced the ancient navigational equipment and computers or astrolabes were, this man deserves credit he has not received; although it might be that credit would come in the form of ridicule such as was directed at Barraclough Fell. Here is an excerpt from The Epigraphic Society Occasional Publication no. 20 on pages 2-3 which makes mention of his assistance in these regards that prove Maui was not the only possessor of a Torquetum or Tanawa in pre-Christian times.

      "Navigation equipment depicted in the Irian Caves From Commander F. E. Bassett, USN, Chairman, Navigation Department, United States Naval Academy (Annapolis):

      'Your letter concerning the West Irian cave discoveries was received with great interest. The following comments are offered concerning the sketches. They are only educated guesses based on the collective knowledge of navigation department personnel of celestial navigation (we have no experts on navigation prior to the European "Age of Discoveries". But we do have a number of texts that may point you in the correct direction in your search for a leading authority).'

      a. no apparent significance.

      b. Agreement. It would seem that the light ray is the only logical explanation. (Note by editor: this refers to the first figure in the series of diagrams published in Occ. Pub. No. 18. The sketch was submitted to the Naval authorities before the associated hieroglyphic text was identified and deciphered. The deciphered caption proved to read 'ray from the sun'.).

      c. The drawing appears to resemble an explanatory diagram discussing the theory of parallel light rays from outer space. The theory assumes that the celestial bodies are at an infinite distance from the earth. (Note by editor: this refers to the second figure in Occ. Pub. No. 18. Here again Commander Bassett's interpretation is in excellent agreement with the hieroglyphic text subsequently deciphered.)

      d. It is speculated that figure d is a diagram illustrating that one body would be observed at different altitudes from different positions of observers. (Note by editor: This refers to the third diagram in Occ. Pub. No. 18 for which no related text has been so far identified. Commander Bassett's suggestion seems to be a very reasonable and appropriate explanation of the diagram.)

      'Group 3. Items shown as anchors appear definitely to be anchors. Item A might perhaps be a grapnel hook. Items B and C could possibly be altitude measuring devices which use a plumb bob to establish the vertical. The circular portion may be inscribed with angular scale. {The Masonic T- square has this concept and may symbolize their ancient trading secret that enabled them to go to where they wanted and continue to trade for cocaine, emeralds
      and gold without much competition for many millennia. I will cover this in greater detail shortly.} (Note by editor: these items are still under study at Harvard where there is agreement with these comments; one item depicted is apparently an early form of Torquetum, an analog computer employing a plumb bob and circular scales, used in the study of planetary motion along the elliptic. Dr. Sentiel Rommel is developing a replica.)...

      Item E best resembles illustrations of early astrolabes. (Note by the
      Editor: the hieroglyphic text accompanying this figure is believed to read 'Number reckoner of the Delta astronomer'; and Harvard scientists developed a wood model based on the sketch, calibrated to give time by night, the position of the zodiacal constellations at all hours for all days of the year, the daily correction of correction of cross staff zenith angle to yield latitude, and the daily position of the sun on the ecliptic. This model will be published after further study by Dr. Sentiel Rommel.)."

      The mention of Delta intrigues me. I know the Great Pyramid produces Delta wave form energy and I believe most astrolabes were in tune with the cosmic and earth energy. The one found in Wisconsin dates to the same era or earlier than the Antikythera, based on metallurgical analysis. There are two perfect tetrahedra in the Great Pyramid and the energy flowing around and over (or through) it causes changing effects which may be discernable in
      other key locations on the Earth Energy Grid where many have shown the same harmonic vibration does exist. The Mayan people built their city centers on these key points. Masons build stele in the middle of existing roads in the Nova Scotia Grid tied in with Oak Island. I think we can imagine these technologies may account for the two sidereal charts of the heavens (along with recently discovered lenses in various parts of the world) inside the Great Pyramid. That means there was this kind of technology around
      approximately 80,000 years ago.

      That brings us to the T-Square which figures so prominent in the Masonic token or symbology. The early one had no arc for angular calculation but the Torquetum required the perpendicular calculation which it would provide.  This important symbol is known as the T-Square of Ptah and the Masons claim they are the continuation of knowledge going back at least ten thousand years. The other meanings of the degrees which all Masons go through and ties in to the vertebrae number (33) and the most puissant level claimed by Crowley (90) are all intuited in the hierarchy needed to make a decent code. If overheard one simply explains the least important or offensive attribution of the code. So in this one excerpt we have the technology and a far more ancient date thereof than our history has told us - we also have it appearing all over the world and some secretive potentials associated with it.

      --- In thor-thehuntersohiorock@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Giese <pamela_giese2000@...> wrote:

      > Hi Susan,
      >
      > Do you have any further references for this astrolabe discovered in Wisconsin? I hadn't heard about this before and all my web searches only lead back to articles from Robert Baird.

      Thanks,

      Pam

      Susan beldingenglish@... wrote:
      William, All,
      Being lightly affiliated with sound harmonics, a group called th e Sound Healers Association, and the Great Pyramid of Giza Associaiton. As usual, searching the web for sites on very ancient intercontinental trade, I happened upon an article by Canadian Robert Baird called "Ancient Navigation". Though many of his ideas are more radical than many diffusionists might be comfortable with, I wonder if anyone here finds merit, or possiblities in the following paragraph on Delta waves (also, which astrolabe in Wisconsin?):
[...]

      Anyone interested in more of Robt Baird, see "The Immortal Horse" on the possiblities of an intercontinental Old Copper trade 20,000+ years ago, which Rydholm also aludes to:
      http://knowhow-now.com/index.php?page=article&article_id=2659