Sad News

  • Rick Osmon
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2008
      OLC is sad to inform our listeners of the passing of our dear friend,
      Jim Michael. Jim was an ardent researcher and supporter of the
      diffusion community and he will be sorely missed.
      There are no words than can adequately express the loss one feels upon
      the death of a loved one. Our deepest sympathies to Marilyn and family

      James B. Michael

      MICHAEL, JAMES B., 76, of Louisville, passed away Saturday, February
      9, 2008. He was a retired Pfizer pharmaceutical salesman, a veteran,
      with 44 years of service as a CW4 of KyARNG, he was a founder and
      president of the Ancient Kentucke Historical Association and a member
      of St. Patrick Catholic Church. He was active with SAR/DAR and a
      published author. He is survived by his wife, Marilyn Gottbrath
      Welland Michael; daughters, Susan H. Shine, Nina Fulkerson (Michael),
      Tina Michael-Shine (Thomas) and Tawnya Michael; stepbrother, John
      Magoun (Gerry); many grandchildren; great-grandchildren; and nieces
      and nephew. Memorial service will be Tuesday at 1 p.m. at St. Patrick
      Catholic Church, 1000 Beckley Station Road, with burial in Cave Hill
      Cemetery. Visitation is Monday from 2-5 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. at the
      Pearson-Ratterman Funeral Home, 12900 Shelbyville Road. Memorial
      contributions may be made to the American Diabetes Association.
      Published in The Courier-Journal from 2/10/2008 - 2/11/2008.
      Guest Book • Flowers • Gift Shop • Charities