"Only Stars Are Older Than Sailing Ships" by James Bowles (fwd from Thor site)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2008

      All,

      Thanks Vince...and Stan, for the information regarding the Cultural Landscape Legacies, Inc (CLLI) group. I'd not heard of the association and will check it out for possible future involvement.

      I'd mentioned not long ago the 86-member THOR/Ohio Rock group, of which several here are members,  is doing collaborative research soon to be released or published.  Therefore, membership for the time being needs to go through William Smith, founder and host of the group.

      A new member just joined the group, a James Bowles, engineer (Michigan State University), college physics instructor, and author of The Gods, Gemini, and the Great Pyramid.  The article I listed in the title of the post for easy reference, seems to tie with the idea of our Ancient Waterways research purposes here.

      Some of you here may wish to join the THOR group so as to be able to follow the lively discussion going on there this afternoon between James, William, author Crichton Miller, Dave, Al, and other members of the group.

      From DBBAIRD/Dave's post and introduction of James' ideas and articles, I am inserting the web site to the THOR group as well as the direct link to the 1/25/08 article plus several others by James Bowles of MSU. (In the 1960's my husband, twin sons  and I spent several years living in a little cabin on the campus of Michigan State University, so the setting is near and dear to our hearts.)

      THOR discussion group:

      And, just completed---doesn't get more current than this---James' well-researched article, for future referencing:

      Jan 25, 2008 -- Only stars are older than sailing ships©.

      Jan 25, 2008 -- Only stars are older than sailing ships©. magnify
      .
      jibs and spinnakers and sailing ships are older than time

      You may contact James  Bowles through the THOR group or his web site. See copywritten article(s) @ http://tinyurl.com/2onrsy