clarification to Susan re early MN site

  • minnesotastan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2008
      re: Clovis. Stan, don't you own property near a supposedly Clovis or
      Pre-Clovis site in Minnesota that Univ. of Wisc.-Oshkosh? researchers
      expressed interest once? Not sure what part of Minnesota this is and I
      haven't time to do a back Search previous AWS posts (via our Messages
      Page), but you brought it up awhile ago.

      The site is located in the town of Walker, Minnesota, which is located
      mid-state at about the same level as Duluth, on the shores of one of
      the states biggest lakes (Leech Lake), on the upper Mississippi
      watershed a short distance from Itasca.

      Last I heard there was still a lot of skepticism re the age and
      etiology of the items found underneath the glacial till. I believe
      they are still being curated. The dig site is roped off to protect
      it, though noone is likely to do anything in the middle of a northern
      Minnesota winter.