Texting at Yahoo sites

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2008

      Rick, Steve,

      I have Windows 98 on the desktop here, clicked the Rich-Text Editor (Beta)
      you have in your instructions, Rick. Looks like it works on my screen. I shall "Send" and see if it transmits rich-text.  If so, and I am not the only one that did not know how to use this feature, others here may find it useful. Otherwise, maybe it will work on the new laptop my kids gave me.

      I worked late last night, fought with my $68/hour plumber this morning who didn't even touch a wrench or plumbing fixture.  So haven't yet had a chance to listen to your  interview last with John Anthony West on the Oopa Loopa archives.  The two hour one with Michael Cremo after Christmas was dynamite. People tell me they don't  have time to listen, but I have a desktop computer in the kitchen and the archived programs add class to the chores. One can always find time for things of significance.

      Please send my regards to your new bride, and wish your stepson well on his departure to Iraq, Rick. Thanks for the Rich-Text, and Steve for using it in the brilliant letter you wrote here.

      I hope what you mentioned includes the funny sentence interruptions that I see in nearly everyone's posts at every Yahoo site.

      If rich text works on this older Dell,  it will put smile on a face getting scarfed-up  heading out to shovel out another half a foot this AM along Sturgeon Eddy Rod,  atop the Wiscconsin River....where it meets Lake Wausau.

      Susan :D

      Suz,

      When you click "new topic" or "reply",  you will see at the top of the box this  phrase

      "New! Compose your message with Rich-Text Editor (Beta)."

      That is where you will find all the controls you wanted. No special computer, but you do need a fairly up to date operating system (it won't run in Windows 98, e,g.)

      Oz
    • Rick Osmon
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2008
        That just goes to show that no matter how sophisticated your technology, nor the importance of a message, conveying any  message  to an audience and how well one does it, all comes down to clarity of thought and paying attention to details. I meant to type "Windows 95", not "Windows 98" , but once again I suffered fat finger syndrome and spell check doesn't catch things like that.#-o

        Suz, I'm glad you figured it out. Now we will expect great and creative posts that entertain, interconnect, and elucidate us, as your post always do,  while also serving as visual art.
        :o)

        Oz