Zheng He article

  • minnesotastan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2006
      on the BBC website.

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4593717.stm

      Nothing new, but a brief summary, and it provides a link (upper right)
      to Friends of Admiral Zheng He site, which in turn has an accessible
      Word-formatted article on the noncontroversial role of Zheng He in
      exploring Southeast Asia. Whether his treasure fleet reached (and
      circumnavigated) the Americas in another question (but one I find
      appealing).

      Kudos to Susan for her post re early history and events of the copper
      country. I was up there a couple years ago with a mineralogical group
      to explore mines and mine tailings for specimens. It's a very special
      and evocative part of the country. I agree there should be more
      emphasis on our website re American Waterways, and especially the U.P.
      and its role in the early contact period. I think that will come with
      time. Thanks, Susan, for getting it started.

      stan