Busy, busy busy

  • Rick Osmon
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2007

      Hello Loopers!

      In this issue:

      Op/Ed; Sorry, not enough time this week, but if I had the time, I'd write a scathing editorial about the fight between marine archeology and treasure hunters...

      Events: Ancient Kentucke Historical Association

      It's an incredibly busy week for your host, so this week's newsletter is much abreviated.

      Please tune in tonight at 9 Eastern as I chat with Al Cornette about the petroglyphs of Red River Gorge and what is theatening them. And we talk about his book on the subject, The Sandstone Chronicles, Rock Art of the Red River Gorge, an Appalachian Journey . Some of these ancient messages in stone are further endangered by vandals and rock climbers, Al tells us how.

      Op/Ed; Sorry, not enough time this week, but if I had the time, I'd write a scathing editorial about the fight between marine archeology and treasure hunters...

      Hazelnut shell pushes back date of Orcadian site - 4 days agoA charred hazelnut shell recovered during the excavations at Longhowe in Tankerness (Orkney, Scotland), earlier this year, has been dated to 6820-6660 BCE.  Although Orkney has plenty of indications o... Dig uncovers ancient Aboriginal dwellers - 4 days agoNew archaeological evidence, published in October in the journal Australian Aboriginal Studies, reveals that Aboriginal people visited the Watarrka Plateau, south-west of Alice Springs (Australia), 13... Prehistoric artefacts unearthed in Maryland - 4 days agoFive thousand years ago, a stand of oaks was a place where Native Americans came to gather quartz and make tools. Now, archaeologists are working feverishly to learn all they... Iron Age chain discovered in Shetland - 4 days agoA 2,000-year-old bronze Iron Age chain has been discovered during consolidation work at the ancient Scatness settlement (Shetland, Scotland). The chain, with 20 double links and the remains of possibl... Tracing ancient pottery in Mississippi - 4 days ago

      Events: Ancient Kentucke Historical Association

      Dale and I discussed all the evil mean and nasty critters of legend where those legends cross oceans. And how those very legends are evidence of diffusion. If you didn't catch it the first time,click on the title above.

      Did you recieve this newsletter from someone else and would you like to recieve it regularly? If so please send an email to oz@..., subject "Subscribe"

      Thanks for listening

      Your host
      Rick Osmon, aka Oz
      http://oopaloopacafe.com to find great info about guests and previous shows

      http://blogtalkradio.com/oopa-loopa-cafe to listen to the live shows and join the chat

      Call in during show (646) 652-2720

      Mobile (not during live show, please) (812) 259-1102