Features of the club - photos

  • Minnesotastan@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2004
      In the column on the left is a link for "photos". Click on that to
      create or go to a set of photo albums. Click on an album to view its
      contents. There is a "thumbnail" button which makes viewing multiple
      photos easier.

      I've "seeded" the photo section with albums entitled "maps"
      "artifacts" and "earthworks and dolmens" - just to set up a framework
      for additions. Those albums are currently empty. Please feel free to
      add photos to them or create subalbums within them, or entirely new
      photo albums.

      One essential point - photos have to be reasonably SMALL. We are
      limited to a max of 30 MB of storage on the server. Please don't post
      a 2MB photo of your favorite hammerstone. To make the photos small,
      save them on your computer in JPEG format (you should be able to make
      a nice clear photo at 30-50K size).

      Two other tips. To load a photo into the albums, you have to have
      .jpg after its name as it's uploading (you can give it a different
      title and caption after it's loaded, but the .jpg has to be in the
      name for the server to recognize it as a photo). And (annoyingly) you
      can't use commas and some other symbols in the name of the photo or
      album.

      One last thought. I would like to add a nice photo or image to the
      "home page" for this group. I looked through some of my books and
      articles this morning trying to find a map or other image to represent
      the group, without success. If you have an image (or have graphic
      design expertise and can craft an icon), please put it in the photo
      section, and I can move it to the home page.