Kettles and sundials

  • Rick Osmon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2007

      Hello Loopers!!

      This week we welcome Charles Mattox of eastern Kentucky. Charles has investigated all types of relics in his region, but his main focus has been on the so-called "Kentucky Kettles" and on small artifacts presumed to be pocket sundials.

      The Kettles are limstone material in the shape of a "cereal bowl", some with lids and up to about six feet in diameter. And they are numerous on and around Campbell's Mountain.

      The sundials are less common, but there are several documented examples of this type of artifact found in the region.

      Charles tells us about his research into these and other finds of eastern Kentucky Thursday, 27 September, 2007 at 9 PM eastern time.

      New feature of the Oopa Loopa Cafe newsletter!

      Got a beef with something? Want to throw kudos to someone you think deserves them? Here's your chance!!

      Starting next week, the OLC newsletter will include an opinion and editorial section. I'll kick it off next week with a timely piece, but this feature is really intended for you folks to have a place to air your views. Hopefully, we can stay focused on the subkect of ancient artifacts and refrain from vitreolic diatribes against individuals, but some of that is bound to creep into some of the pieces. I reserve the right to edit out unsuitable language, but I promise to retain the fundamental ideas of anything you submit and I include in the op-ed section.

      Last week's show featured Dr. James Chatters discussing his experiences surrounding Kennewick Man. It was a great segment. If you missed it or simply want to listen to it again, it's HERE

      Other news:

      Turkey: NoahÂ’s Ark anomaly gets a new image

       -

      Upcoming Shows on Oopa Loopa Cafe:

      Live from Roberts Centre !!

      Coneheads

      Brian Kannard, live from Paris (Special day and time)

      Lloyd Pye, Starchild Project

      As always, if you have an interest in a particular guest or subject, feel free to contact the show and suggest it.

      If at any time you no longer wish to receive these weekly reminders, simply reply to this email and I will reluctantly and gently remove you from the list.

      Your host
      Rick Osmon, aka Oz

      Call in during show (646) 652-2720

      IM to "oopaloopacafe" on Yahoo Messenger or Windows Live messenger, during show

      Mobile (not during show, please) (812) 259-1102