USA: Viking Artefacts Discovered Near Great Lakes |

    Message 1 of 5 , May 26 9:02 PM
      Ted and all,
      Saw this article tonight on the Ancient American Magazine Facebook page (from Nick), about large number of artifacts found along coastal Lake Huron. Will be interesting to see reports from University if Michigan archaeology department.

      http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/usa-viking-artefacts-discovered-near-great-lakes/

      Susan English , from my iPhone
    • Karla Akins
      Message 2 of 5 , May 26 10:56 PM
        Awesome! Love it. Thanks for sharing!

        Karla Akins
        http://karlaakins.com

        On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Susan beldingenglish@... [ancient_waterways_society] <ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Ted and all,
        Saw this article tonight on the Ancient American Magazine Facebook page (from Nick), about large number of artifacts found along coastal Lake Huron. Will be interesting to see reports from University if Michigan archaeology department.

        http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/usa-viking-artefacts-discovered-near-great-lakes/

        Susan English , from my iPhone

      • wmsmithrock1
        Message 3 of 5 , May 27 1:50 PM
          Don't hold your breath waiting for the University of Mich. to report on these so called Viking artifacts from the  Great Lakes. These exact objects are located in the British museum. (https://www.google.com/search?q=viking+artifacts+british+museum&rlz=1T4NDKB_enUS589US589&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=T_eEU-iJFYy1yATdoIGwBA&ved=0CFUQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=773)
          Message 4 of 5 , May 27 2:24 PM
            It was the only news article I could find last night on the subject so just now I checked other sites to see if anyone else saw it.
            Larry Furo at the Old Copper Complex and Ancient Waterways America FB site wrote to Michigan, got a response right away. I don't think Larry would mind my posting his reply to that group:

            "1st  response back from Michigan  ...>>> It's a fake news source along the lines of The Onion. Check out the other headlines and articles, like the one about Judas needing the 30 pieces of silver because he was a marijuana addict and archaeologists supposedly found a pipe in his tomb."