Albion Rock and Animikii (or Thunderbird)

  • herbswoods
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2007
      Just now doing some research on the old Triumph motorcycle the
      "Thunderbird" made me recall that when I was atop Albion Rock on
      Keweenaw Point I was surrounded by soaring hawks at eye-level. They
      seemed to concentrate at that highest point west of the Cliff Mine and
      east of the Allouez vortex location.

      The "Thunderbird" was a nearly universal Native American god of flight
      and power "Animikii" (Ojibwe/Chippewa).