cahokia flood

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1 7:17 AM
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8 2:14 PM
        Did anyone see this one before? Is it a true story?
        It was entered as a story on another bulletin group...
        -chris p
        -----------------------------
        Tomato Seeds
        « on: July 10, 2005, 05:31:47 AM »

        Life from an ancient coffin

        From the coffin came life . . . after 2,100 years!

        It was May 1985. Chinese archaeologists had just cracked
        open a Han Dynasty tomb in the Feng-huang Mountains.
        Beside the corpse were containers of ancient seeds. "Let’s
        cover these with a damp cloth," motioned one of the men to
        his colleague. "We don’t want them to crack."

        For some days the partners excavated further, unaware that
        something peculiar was happening. Until the lifting of the cloth;
        that’s when the shock came. Still alive, would you believe, after
        2,100 years, forty seeds had sprouted into tomato plants.

        But the implications went deeper. Until now, the tomato was
        held to have been discovered, together with its native South
        America, only four centuries ago—concomitant with the
        development of ocean travel. We must now re-examine history.

      • C Traylor
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8 6:16 PM

          --
             THANK  YOU .. ..  This being forwarded to other groups.

          CAL

          This message is in English, thank our veterans

          for keeping the front lines .... over there.

        • C Traylor
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 8 6:25 PM

            --

            Enter this in your search window:
               chinese archaeologists han dynast tomato plants