Spiro Mound

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2013
      There is a good book called," The Rape of Spirit Mound, the King Tuts
      tomb of America", if you wish to know more about the find, what was in
      it, and how it helped, through its destruction, in preserving some of
      this and preventing a cottage industry of unemployed miners tunneling
      into mounds and removing their contents during the hungry times of the
      1930's. There was a big market for these items and some states had no
      laws protecting antiquities. Look for an inter-library loan of this book
      ted

      I am interested in mounds and many exist along waterways and
      confluences of rivers and streams. This came from the Old Copper
      Complex site.

      http://www.lithiccastinglab.com/gallery-pages/spirocraigmoundpage1.htm
    • C Traylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2013
        ABSOLUTELY ... valid.  Rings origin is a must.  Apparently not all areas have template, a master.

        CAL

        On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Ted Sojka <tedsojka@...> wrote:

        There is a good book called," The Rape of Spirit Mound, the King Tuts
        tomb of America", if you wish to know more about the find, what was in
        it, and how it helped, through its destruction, in preserving some of
        this and preventing a cottage industry of unemployed miners tunneling
        into mounds and removing their contents during the hungry times of the
        1930's. There was a big market for these items and some states had no
        laws protecting antiquities. Look for an inter-library loan of this book
        ted

        I am interested in mounds and many exist along waterways and
        confluences of rivers and streams. This came from the Old Copper
        Complex site.

        http://www.lithiccastinglab.com/gallery-pages/spirocraigmoundpage1.htm

        This message is in English, thank our veterans

        for keeping the front lines .... over there.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2014
          Here is a link to a story about structures that are near and around
          the Spiro Mound. This mound was commonly referred to as America's
          version of King Tut's tomb in the 1930's.
          ted

          http://www.tribtown.com/view/story/57342bd33aec4246be973a0f85a27364/OK--Spiro-Mounds-Excavation#.U0UiL0W1bP0.facebook