Grail Seekers

  • Rick Osmon
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2007

      Hello Loopers!!!

      This week I am joined by Brian Kannard.

      Brian maintains the blog "Grail Seekers" and touches on a great many of the mysteries surrounding that legendary relic as well as the Ark of the Covenant and others.
      Having done a bit of that blogging stuff myself, I can appreciate how much work is required to do it well. And "well done" is the right phrase to describe Brian's site.

      Brian's "mission statement" says it all:

      " Grail Seekers

      The purpose of this site is for commentary on news relating to Holy Grail studies. The Grail takes as many forms as there are people interested in it. As such there are many tangent lines of interest that touch on the differing theories of the Grail. The views in this blog are my own. Please feel free to enter in a comment and have your say about what is presented. Plus, in the next few months, look for Grailseekers.com for more resources relating to your personal Grail quest."

      I hope you all can tune in for Brian's and my conversation this Thursday, August 9th, at 9 PM eastern, 8 central.

      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      In other news, the still unfinished Oopa Loopa Cafe website and studio equipment took a major hit from an electrical storm this past Saturday. Equipment was wiped out (phones, DSL modem, wireless router, some lights), trees down, nerves frazzled. After some unexpected expenses, Possum Holler studios is back on the air. The website back-up disk was a really good idea...

      James Delgado is the executive director of the Institute of Nautical Archaeology at Texas A&M University. In this piece he takes exception to somewhat denigrating descriptions of archaeologists by treasure hunters and returns fire.

      Stone Age Site Surfaces After 8000 Years

      If at any time you no longer wish to receive these weekly reminders, simply reply to this email and I will reluctantly and gently remove you from the list.

      Your host
      Rick Osmon, aka Oz

      Call in during show (646) 652-2720

      IM to "oopaloopacafe" on Yahoo Messenger or Windows Live messenger, during show

      Mobile (not during show, please) (812) 259-1102

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 16, 2007
        Rick,

        I wish to thank you personally for a fine series of recemt posts
        ('Rant...] between you, Steve, Mike, Pam, and others--some of the
        finest group correspondence I've seen in awhile. Also, Oz, for the
        time, effort and so much of yourself that goes into not only the Oopa
        Loopa Cafe, and for continuing to be an active participant in so many
        related yet diverse groups: PreColumbian Inscriptions, the Ohio
        Rock/Thor group, AncientVikings of America, Ancient Waterways, and
        others. You and those with whom you have been dialoging with, are
        truly helping create a better, more peaceable world by uncovering and
        more accurately understanding the ancient and historic past. As you
        and Steve demonstrated in your dialogue at this site, doing so with
        intelligence, wit, and good manners.

        Appreciation to Stan for creating and continuing to host this fine
        web group.

        I am finally back in town on a Thursday night and able to tune into
        tonight's radio show. Anyone at Ancient Waterways interested in
        calling in or being interviewed, I know Oz is always looking for new
        people.

        Susan

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Osmon"
        <ozman@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > James Delgado is the executive director of the Institute of Nautical
        > Archaeology at Texas A&M University. In this piece he takes
        exception to
        > somewhat denigrating descriptions of archaeologists by treasure
        hunters and
        > returns fire. >>>>------------->

        > Stone Age Site Surfaces After 8000 Years
        >

        > If at any time you no longer wish to receive these weekly
        reminders, simply
        from the
        > list.
        >
        > Your host
        > Rick Osmon, aka Oz
        >
        > http://blogtalkradio.com/oopa-loopa-cafe
        >
        > Call in during show (646) 652-2720
        >
        > IM to "oopaloopacafe" on Yahoo Messenger or Windows Live messenger,
        during
        > show
        >
        > Mobile (not during show, please) (812) 259-1102

        8/3/2007