Hanwakan Center summer conference

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2007
      I received the following note a few days ago from president and
      founder of the Hanwakan Center, Herman Bender, for me to pass on to
      my group(s) about their summer conference, to be held August 11th at
      the Marsh Nature Center near the Horicon Marsh and Waupan, Wisconsin.
      I shall be away then, and though this may be too distant
      geographically for many at this site to attend, thought you might
      like to know about this small group's fine, cooperative efforts.
      Susan

      From Herman:

      "Hello All,
      In addition to the fine program on Illinois geology by Ray Wiggers,
      we will be offering three more on Saturday, August 11th. Jim Uhrinak
      will be presenting a program on what for him was a 20 year quest:
      Standing Earth, Buffalo Stones and the Unhafted.

      I will be presenting on a great site we visited in North Dakota: An
      Ancient Northern Exposure, Bears and the Journey South.

      And a special guest, Jeff Wilson may be attending who will be sharing
      with us his experiences at the Great Serpent Mound in Ohio.

      Hope to see you there,
      Herman

      See: http://www.hanwakan.org/Meetings/meetings.html

      "The Hanwakan Center for Prehistoric Astronomy, Cosmology, and
      Cultural Landscape Studies has been organized specifically for the
      gathering of traditions and stories which were born of mankind's
      interaction with the physical environment and his understanding of
      the relationship between earth and sky. The Hanwakan Center will give
      these traditions and stories a voice once again, and connect them to
      the land from where they came. The goal of The Hanwakan Center for
      Prehistoric Astronomy, Cosmology, and Cultural Landscape Studies is
      the preservation, protection, and study of our shared prehistoric and
      historic heritage for public benefit. Scholars, members of the Native
      American community, and interested individuals have expressed their
      desire to be a part of this endeavor and share their traditions,
      stories, and work with others..."