Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Navigationalism

  • Larry Hancock
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2013
      I cannot remember when it was published, but it seems a bit dated. I cannot speak for much of it, however I am very familiar with the Vermont sites Fell refers to and have spent over 30 years measuring and photographing them as well as many more. Yes, Fell made errors, in part because of his age and difficulty getting to some parts of the hilly terrain and in part because he basically made a whirlwind tour through the state. While some of his interpretations are incorrect what is undeniable are the sites and stones themselves. Whenever Fell is found to be wrong every critic wants to diasparage the sites or throw the baby out with the bathwater.