Brendan legend

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2013
      Larry Hancock has shared a good site with us and those of you unfamiliar with this legendary voyage should gain a bit of the source.  Whether the Welch made it up the Mississippi is very unlikely, but in George Washington's day many believed this was the source of the mounds that were built along the Ohio.

      The Welch can tell stories that last three days or more according to a former student who spent a year there studying welch writers.  Entire books are  heard from story tellers from memory.  One Welchman I met here in the states can loves to tell the tall tales of their stories of kings and heaven and they are humorous and entertaining.  As far as scientific, I leave that to the listener's judgement
      You must pick and choose in this article...
      Larry Hancock8:08am Mar 6
      You must pick and choose in this article because it covers a lot of territory and some of it has questionable interpretations, but there is also a lot of useful information.
      cut and paste