Re: [ancient_waterways_society] America unearthed - the Desert Cross

  • Susan English
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 26, 2013
      He spends a lot of time in the summer diving for agates at Copper Harbor.  The weekend of our informal symposium there he was,  walking to his vehicle carrying the largest (two-handed) agate I have seen. I believe he has a book out about Lake Superior agates.   Agate-picking is a past-time one can spend hours doing on the beach up there.
      If we ever do another 'cheap' AWS resort gathering up in the Copper Country off-season like we did when Lee Pennington was doing some early, pre-foliage filming for his Copper Culture video, I will let you and this group know well ahead.  I live five or six hours south in Wausau, Wisconsin, too, and have provided couch/bed/floor space for those driving to and from that area, if anyone needs it.

      Speaking of Dr. Pennington, he is in the following "Motive for Murder" episode of America Unearthed talking about the ancient Welsh in America.  I don't know if this episode furthers the death nail on the Brandenburg Stone in KY, which is stated to be an early 1800's hoax according to one of the H2 investigators....

      Below is the free History Channel link as well as one other (which are never online long...says 'for educational purposes only' ), because I cannot seem to get this H2 episode. Motive for Murder gives a provocative account of freemason Merriweather Lewis' (Lewis & Clark) suicide (or possible murder).  Thanks for the reply, Karla.

      or,

      Susan English -- sent from my iPad

      On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Karla Akins <kkakins@...

      That's my favorite show. I love Scott Wolter. Great guy.
      Karla Akins

      On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Susan <beldingenglish@...> wrote:

      As some of you who were there may recall, Scott Wolter (and diving compansions) drove  over to  speak two evemimgs in a row at an Ancient Waterways Society 3 or 4 night gathering I set up at an inexpensive resort (cabins) on Lake Superior near  Copper Harbor, Michigan in 2008. Seven or eight others from tis group also gave talks, we cooked famiy style meals and kept things very low cost.

      For those, as I, who do not subscribe to H2/ Histiry Channel2, here  is  America Unearthed,-The Desert Cross,   from an Arizona setting.  Some  here might enjoy the geology.  Since tjis link comes va the Histiry Channel, free, it contains a few 30  second ads i did not know how to bypass.

      --
      Karla Akins

    • Jither
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 26, 2013

        Very thoughtful of you, thanks.   How nice that you put together that conference.  Didn’t I see Scott Wolter on some TV thing about the Kensington Stone?

        As some of you who were there may recall, Scott Wolter (and diving compansions) drove  over to  speak two evemimgs in a row at an Ancient Waterways Society 3 or 4 night gathering I set up at an inexpensive resort (cabins) on Lake Superior near  Copper Harbor, Michigan in 2008. Seven or eight others from tis group also gave talks, we cooked famiy style meals and kept things very low cost.

        For those, as I, who do not subscribe to H2/ Histiry Channel2, here  is  America Unearthed,-The Desert Cross,   from an Arizona setting.  Some  here might enjoy the geology.  Since tjis link comes va the Histiry Channel, free, it contains a few 30  second ads i did not know how to bypass.

         http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-motive-for-murder#america-unearthed-the-desert-cross

      • Rick O
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
          Scott's "expert" failed him on the research of Coelbren. There are at
          least 2 "dark ages" engraved stones using that alphabet. Oddly, one of
          them mentions Artorius Rex - a Latinized Brut name written in Colbren.
          --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Susan English
          <beldingenglish@...> wrote:

          > He spends a lot of time in the summer diving for agates at Copper
          Harbor. The weekend of our informal symposium there he was, walking to
          his vehicle carrying the largest (two-handed) agate I have seen. I
          believe he has a book out about Lake Superior agates. Agate-picking is
          a past-time one can spend hours doing on the beach up there.
          > If we ever do another 'cheap' AWS resort gathering up in the Copper
          Country off-season like we did when Lee Pennington was doing some early,
          pre-foliage filming for his Copper Culture video, I will let you and
          this group know well ahead. I live five or six hours south in Wausau,
          Wisconsin, too, and have provided couch/bed/floor space for those
          driving to and from that area, if anyone needs it.

          > Speaking of Dr. Pennington, he is in the following "Motive for Murder"
          episode of America Unearthed talking about the ancient Welsh in America.
          I don't know if this episode furthers the death nail on the Brandenburg
          Stone in KY, which is stated to be an early 1800's hoax according to one
          of the H2 investigators....

          > Below is the free History Channel link as well as one other (which are
          never online long...says 'for educational purposes only' ), because I
          cannot seem to get this H2 episode. Motive for Murder gives a
          provocative account of freemason Merriweather Lewis' (Lewis & Clark)
          suicide (or possible murder). Thanks for the reply, Karla.

          > http://vimeo.com/60091539
          >
          > or,

          http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-\
          motive-for-murder#america-unearthed-motive-for-murder

          > Susan English -- sent from my iPad
          >
          > On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Karla Akins kkakins@...
          > > That's my favorite show. I love Scott Wolter. Great guy.
          > > Karla Akins
          > >

          > > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Susan beldingenglish@... wrote:
          > >>
          > >> As some of you who were there may recall, Scott Wolter (and diving
          compansions) drove over to speak two evemimgs in a row at an Ancient
          Waterways Society 3 or 4 night gathering I set up at an inexpensive
          resort (cabins) on Lake Superior near Copper Harbor, Michigan in 2008.
          Seven or eight others from tis group also gave talks, we cooked famiy
          style meals and kept things very low cost.

          > >> For those, as I, who do not subscribe to H2/ Histiry Channel2, here
          is America Unearthed,-The Desert Cross, from an Arizona setting.
          Some here might enjoy the geology. Since tjis link comes va the
          Histiry Channel, free, it contains a few 30 second ads i did not know
          how to bypass.

          http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-\
          motive-for-murder#america-unearthed-the-desert-cross

          > > --
          > > Karla Akins

        • David S Brody
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013

            I had hoped you would have some insights on this, Rick, thanks!

            I will add my 2 cents also and say that, as a real estate lawyer, I found the argument that the act of the Welsh making a land claim would somehow invalidate U.S. legal title to the Louisiana Purchase lands to be totally unfounded. It is simply wrong—the treaty signed with the British after the Revolutionary War made clear that our claims vis a vis Britain (including Wales ) were valid. Having said that, I do recognize that there may have been political/cultural/religious reasons, especially with the specter of renewed hostilities with the British (the War of 1812) looming, to call into question whether our pioneers were the first Europeans to explore these lands. This climate could have been tied to Lewis’s death. The episode raised some interesting questions, but I thought the answers it supplied to those questions were flawed.

            Dave Brody

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 28, 2013
              Good points it is always good to have someone who knows the law.  Still, I had never heard that Merriweather Lewis had committed suicide by shooting himself "twice".

              The fellow who led the expedition up the Red River or Arkansas while Lewis and Clark were going up the Missouri had lots of shady characters working for him and was also accused of high treason.   Maybe Lewis had evidence that were in the missing pages of in his diary.

              Anybody know if Clark wrote anything about the death of Lewis on the Natchez Trace?

              ted

              wrote:

              > He spends a lot of time in the summer diving for agates at Copper
              Harbor. The weekend of our informal symposium there he was, walking to
              his vehicle carrying the largest (two-handed) agate I have seen. I
              believe he has a book out about Lake Superior agates. Agate-picking is
              a past-time one can spend hours doing on the beach up there.
              > If we ever do another 'cheap' AWS resort gathering up in the Copper
              Country off-season like we did when Lee Pennington was doing some early,
              pre-foliage filming for his Copper Culture video, I will let you and
              this group know well ahead. I live five or six hours south in Wausau ,
              Wisconsin , too, and have provided couch/bed/floor space for those
              driving to and from that area, if anyone needs it.

              > Speaking of Dr. Pennington, he is in the following "Motive for Murder"
              episode of America Unearthed talking about the ancient Welsh in America .
              I don't know if this episode furthers the death nail on the Brandenburg
              Stone in KY, which is stated to be an early 1800's hoax according to one
              of the H2 investigators....

              > Below is the free History Channel link as well as one other (which are
              never online long...says 'for educational purposes only' ), because I
              cannot seem to get this H2 episode. Motive for Murder gives a
              provocative account of freemason Merriweather Lewis' (Lewis & Clark)
              suicide (or possible murder). Thanks for the reply, Karla.

              > http://vimeo.com/60091539
              >
              > or,

              http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-\
              motive-for-murder#america-unearthed-motive-for-murder

              > Susan English -- sent from my iPad
              >
              > On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Karla Akins kkakins@...
              > > That's my favorite show. I love Scott Wolter. Great guy.
              > > Karla Akins
              > >

              > > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Susan beldingenglish@... wrote:
              > >>
              > >> As some of you who were there may recall, Scott Wolter (and diving
              compansions) drove over to speak two evemimgs in a row at an Ancient
              Waterways Society 3 or 4 night gathering I set up at an inexpensive
              resort (cabins) on Lake Superior near Copper Harbor , Michigan in 2008.
              Seven or eight others from tis group also gave talks, we cooked famiy
              style meals and kept things very low cost.

              > >> For those, as I, who do not subscribe to H2/ Histiry Channel2, here
              is America Unearthed,-The Desert Cross, from an Arizona setting.
              Some here might enjoy the geology. Since tjis link comes va the
              Histiry Channel, free, it contains a few 30 second ads i did not know
              how to bypass.

              http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-\
              motive-for-murder#america-unearthed-the-desert-cross

              > > --
              > > Karla Akins

            • Karla Akins

                --