Re: Save history, fresh water and air.

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 26, 2013
      Dear Susan,

      Here is a site with two very short videos on an issue that endangers ancient sites, villages, burials.  The first video is from a site in Wisconsin on the Chippewa River.

      A truck goes by about 1 a minute and the lady who is in front of her house gives a good account.

      In Minnesota yesterday, three state senators from the Southeast part of Minnesota entered a bill to establish a regulation board as they have none and have several sand mines and a terminal in Winona shipping out Wisconsin sands.  The idea that the sand dust affects everyone who breathes or drinks water made it worth being informed about.

      On Feb 26, 2013, at 3:56 PM, Susan wrote:

      As some of you who were there may recall, Scott Wolter (and diving compansions) drove  over to  speak two evemimgs in a row at an Ancient Waterways Society 3 or 4 night gathering I set up at an inexpensive resort (cabins) on Lake Superior near  Copper Harbor, Michigan in 2008. Seven or eight others from tis group also gave talks, we cooked famiy style meals and kept things very low cost.

      For those, as I, who do not subscribe to H2/ Histiry Channel2, here  is  America Unearthed,-The Desert Cross,   from an Arizona setting.  Some  here might enjoy the geology.  Since tjis link comes va the Histiry Channel, free, it contains a few 30  second ads i did not know how to bypass.

    • Karla Akins
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 26, 2013
        That's my favorite show. I love Scott Wolter. Great guy.
        Karla Akins

        --
        Karla Akins

      • Susan English
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 26, 2013
          He spends a lot of time in the summer diving for agates at Copper Harbor.  The weekend of our informal symposium there he was,  walking to his vehicle carrying the largest (two-handed) agate I have seen. I believe he has a book out about Lake Superior agates.   Agate-picking is a past-time one can spend hours doing on the beach up there.
          If we ever do another 'cheap' AWS resort gathering up in the Copper Country off-season like we did when Lee Pennington was doing some early, pre-foliage filming for his Copper Culture video, I will let you and this group know well ahead.  I live five or six hours south in Wausau, Wisconsin, too, and have provided couch/bed/floor space for those driving to and from that area, if anyone needs it.

          Speaking of Dr. Pennington, he is in the following "Motive for Murder" episode of America Unearthed talking about the ancient Welsh in America.  I don't know if this episode furthers the death nail on the Brandenburg Stone in KY, which is stated to be an early 1800's hoax according to one of the H2 investigators....

          Below is the free History Channel link as well as one other (which are never online long...says 'for educational purposes only' ), because I cannot seem to get this H2 episode. Motive for Murder gives a provocative account of freemason Merriweather Lewis' (Lewis & Clark) suicide (or possible murder).  Thanks for the reply, Karla.

          or,

          Susan English -- sent from my iPad

          On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Karla Akins <kkakins@...

[...]

        • Jither
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 26, 2013

            Very thoughtful of you, thanks.   How nice that you put together that conference.  Didn’t I see Scott Wolter on some TV thing about the Kensington Stone?

            As some of you who were there may recall, Scott Wolter (and diving compansions) drove  over to  speak two evemimgs in a row at an Ancient Waterways Society 3 or 4 night gathering I set up at an inexpensive resort (cabins) on Lake Superior near  Copper Harbor, Michigan in 2008. Seven or eight others from tis group also gave talks, we cooked famiy style meals and kept things very low cost.

            For those, as I, who do not subscribe to H2/ Histiry Channel2, here  is  America Unearthed,-The Desert Cross,   from an Arizona setting.  Some  here might enjoy the geology.  Since tjis link comes va the Histiry Channel, free, it contains a few 30  second ads i did not know how to bypass.

             http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-motive-for-murder#america-unearthed-the-desert-cross

          • Rick O
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
              Scott's "expert" failed him on the research of Coelbren. There are at
              least 2 "dark ages" engraved stones using that alphabet. Oddly, one of
              them mentions Artorius Rex - a Latinized Brut name written in Colbren.
              --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Susan English
              <beldingenglish@...> wrote:

              > He spends a lot of time in the summer diving for agates at Copper
              Harbor. The weekend of our informal symposium there he was, walking to
              his vehicle carrying the largest (two-handed) agate I have seen. I
              believe he has a book out about Lake Superior agates. Agate-picking is
              a past-time one can spend hours doing on the beach up there.
              > If we ever do another 'cheap' AWS resort gathering up in the Copper
              Country off-season like we did when Lee Pennington was doing some early,
              pre-foliage filming for his Copper Culture video, I will let you and
              this group know well ahead. I live five or six hours south in Wausau,
              Wisconsin, too, and have provided couch/bed/floor space for those
              driving to and from that area, if anyone needs it.

              > Speaking of Dr. Pennington, he is in the following "Motive for Murder"
              episode of America Unearthed talking about the ancient Welsh in America.
              I don't know if this episode furthers the death nail on the Brandenburg
              Stone in KY, which is stated to be an early 1800's hoax according to one
              of the H2 investigators....

              > Below is the free History Channel link as well as one other (which are
              never online long...says 'for educational purposes only' ), because I
              cannot seem to get this H2 episode. Motive for Murder gives a
              provocative account of freemason Merriweather Lewis' (Lewis & Clark)
              suicide (or possible murder). Thanks for the reply, Karla.

              > http://vimeo.com/60091539
              >
              > or,

              http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-\
              motive-for-murder#america-unearthed-motive-for-murder

              > Susan English -- sent from my iPad
              >
              > On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Karla Akins kkakins@...
              > > That's my favorite show. I love Scott Wolter. Great guy.
              > > Karla Akins
              > >

              > > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Susan beldingenglish@... wrote:
              > >>
              > >> As some of you who were there may recall, Scott Wolter (and diving
              compansions) drove over to speak two evemimgs in a row at an Ancient
              Waterways Society 3 or 4 night gathering I set up at an inexpensive
              resort (cabins) on Lake Superior near Copper Harbor, Michigan in 2008.
              Seven or eight others from tis group also gave talks, we cooked famiy
              style meals and kept things very low cost.

              > >> For those, as I, who do not subscribe to H2/ Histiry Channel2, here
              is America Unearthed,-The Desert Cross, from an Arizona setting.
              Some here might enjoy the geology. Since tjis link comes va the
              Histiry Channel, free, it contains a few 30 second ads i did not know
              how to bypass.

              http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-\
              motive-for-murder#america-unearthed-the-desert-cross

              > > --
              > > Karla Akins

            • David S Brody
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013

                I had hoped you would have some insights on this, Rick, thanks!

                I will add my 2 cents also and say that, as a real estate lawyer, I found the argument that the act of the Welsh making a land claim would somehow invalidate U.S. legal title to the Louisiana Purchase lands to be totally unfounded. It is simply wrong—the treaty signed with the British after the Revolutionary War made clear that our claims vis a vis Britain (including Wales ) were valid. Having said that, I do recognize that there may have been political/cultural/religious reasons, especially with the specter of renewed hostilities with the British (the War of 1812) looming, to call into question whether our pioneers were the first Europeans to explore these lands. This climate could have been tied to Lewis’s death. The episode raised some interesting questions, but I thought the answers it supplied to those questions were flawed.

                Dave Brody

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 28, 2013
                  Good points it is always good to have someone who knows the law.  Still, I had never heard that Merriweather Lewis had committed suicide by shooting himself "twice".

                  The fellow who led the expedition up the Red River or Arkansas while Lewis and Clark were going up the Missouri had lots of shady characters working for him and was also accused of high treason.   Maybe Lewis had evidence that were in the missing pages of in his diary.

                  Anybody know if Clark wrote anything about the death of Lewis on the Natchez Trace?

                  ted

                  wrote:

                  > He spends a lot of time in the summer diving for agates at Copper
                  Harbor. The weekend of our informal symposium there he was, walking to
                  his vehicle carrying the largest (two-handed) agate I have seen. I
                  believe he has a book out about Lake Superior agates. Agate-picking is
                  a past-time one can spend hours doing on the beach up there.
                  > If we ever do another 'cheap' AWS resort gathering up in the Copper
                  Country off-season like we did when Lee Pennington was doing some early,
                  pre-foliage filming for his Copper Culture video, I will let you and
                  this group know well ahead. I live five or six hours south in Wausau ,
                  Wisconsin , too, and have provided couch/bed/floor space for those
                  driving to and from that area, if anyone needs it.

                  > Speaking of Dr. Pennington, he is in the following "Motive for Murder"
                  episode of America Unearthed talking about the ancient Welsh in America .
                  I don't know if this episode furthers the death nail on the Brandenburg
                  Stone in KY, which is stated to be an early 1800's hoax according to one
                  of the H2 investigators....

                  > Below is the free History Channel link as well as one other (which are
                  never online long...says 'for educational purposes only' ), because I
                  cannot seem to get this H2 episode. Motive for Murder gives a
                  provocative account of freemason Merriweather Lewis' (Lewis & Clark)
                  suicide (or possible murder). Thanks for the reply, Karla.

                  > http://vimeo.com/60091539
                  >
                  > or,

                  http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-\
                  motive-for-murder#america-unearthed-motive-for-murder

                  > Susan English -- sent from my iPad
                  >
                  > On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Karla Akins kkakins@...
                  > > That's my favorite show. I love Scott Wolter. Great guy.
                  > > Karla Akins
                  > >

                  > > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Susan beldingenglish@... wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >> As some of you who were there may recall, Scott Wolter (and diving
                  compansions) drove over to speak two evemimgs in a row at an Ancient
                  Waterways Society 3 or 4 night gathering I set up at an inexpensive
                  resort (cabins) on Lake Superior near Copper Harbor , Michigan in 2008.
                  Seven or eight others from tis group also gave talks, we cooked famiy
                  style meals and kept things very low cost.

                  > >> For those, as I, who do not subscribe to H2/ Histiry Channel2, here
                  is America Unearthed,-The Desert Cross, from an Arizona setting.
                  Some here might enjoy the geology. Since tjis link comes va the
                  Histiry Channel, free, it contains a few 30 second ads i did not know
                  how to bypass.

                  http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-\
                  motive-for-murder#america-unearthed-the-desert-cross

                  > > --
                  > > Karla Akins

                • Karla Akins

                    --