bearcreekrockshelter

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2013
      This brings the history out in me, and possibly a touch of my cave man DNA.  In NE Iowa.  Ted

      One of the bear creek rock shelters.  The limestone dust on the floor of this place, about 30 feet across is like cement.

      Larry Hancock, one of our members  just posted a series of sties  on his FB page, you tube re: ceremonial stones:   Hudson Valley through Rhode Island.

    • Larry Hancock
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2013
        I like this place.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
          Thanks Ted....
          phenomenally inspiring and exciting. My being aches to find such a place, explore it, yes... but then to just sit near by and drink in the energies they seem to emanate. There was such purposeful intent in the placement of the stones. With an eye on the sky, it is certain that the forms had much to do with celestial alignment and prediction of calendar, the sacred spiral of events. The Euro-mind sees 'time' as a line... past, present, future. The indigenous mind sees it as an ever spiraling circle, in which you can return to the anniversary of an event and experience the same energies by placing yourself at that point, at the same time each year. For them, it is possible to contact the grandfathers who were there before you, by making the appointment and keeping it, for you are coming back to the same place in the circle of things.

          crispy

          http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5X5oLAVOqCw&vq=medium

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
            Could not have said it better.  Coming back to the place you were always meant to be.  I feel great when I am there and other such places created by nature here among the rocks and cliffs of the Driftless Region.

            It is under a new threat of being full of sand suitable for frac mining use in the West which is under threat for the water it may pollute when the fracking is done under ground.
            On Feb 13, 2013, at 7:06 PM, Chris Patenaude wrote:

[...]

            <28bearcreekrockshelter.jpg>