Re:Poverty point

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2013
      Good for you Vince, glad you took the time to respond.  Thanks for sending the article on Poverty Point in Louisiana.  I had a chance to visit it and almost backed up over a snake when taking a picture of the site from the top of the seven story bird mound.  I stepped on a snake skin that I did not see until I backed up over it and stepped on it.  Even an empty snake skin was a surprise.

      What a great symbol for annual renewal, the serpent that sheds it last year's skin to make a new one that fits.

      The article  definitely struck a nerve for some but those who like scientific proof with not all the dots connected, will be slow to expand their horizons. I hope all our members have looked over your photobucket site that has all those great museum collections pictured.  It is a great resource.  Museums should be on the web and interconnected to share what they house with the world.

      Ted
      On Feb 6, 2013, at 4:33 PM, Vincent Barrows wrote:

      A negative review from an Archie like that means the show must really be a hit. This show must have struck a nerve. Way to go Scott!

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2013
        Exactly, Vince!
        We as a group of friends do need to help educate Scott so that he doesn't embarrass himself later by making statements like "if its a 'giant' then it wasn't Native American".  Scott is a geologist trying to mega-download the diffusionist scene in a matter of a few years what's taken us decades to assimilate in our own heads. He may not know the history of the Lene Lape and Roanoak natives that met the ships, that many of their number naturally stood 7 foot tall and better. He's willing to breast the waves as our breaker-bow if we back him up with info he can work with. Send him good data and it will be used.
        -crispy