Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: History Channel2 America Unearthed, 43 minute premier

  • C TRAYLOR
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2013

         Thanks .... That worked.  Different search engines often get different results.  Sometimes I specify which search engine I used when I provide a link.

      Mainly I use Yahoo or Google; Google Books for research and Google Maps for my history, their maps can give me a GPS reading at my desk of places I see on their satellite, these are remarkably accurate.  If you do not know how to do this, ask me.  It is invaluable for your notes.   About 20 percent of autos have a GPS now, add cell phones .... and other hand=held devices .... and you have a huge audience.  And, ten years or 100 years from now That Historic Place  can be found.  It might be under a parking lot, but we can find it.

      Re Google, have you ever seen their short documentary about their garage and inside their operations?  I can email it, 1.6 gig ten-images, ask me direct by email.

      However, the last site also is worth keeping in my preference list ....  More good TV programing than I have time.  I have been without a TV for 2.5 years .... by choice.  As a lady friend said: "You can get a lot more done without it."  She was soooooo right.

      Cal