Re: Fwd: Tall Skeleton discussion

  • C TRAYLOR
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2013

      48 - Ooparts

      You +1'd this publicly. Undo
      Giant Skeletons Found Archeologists

        The above web site has numerous clippings about giants. The one in Guadalupe, New Mew Mexico is included, about 1/3 down the list.  There may be some confusion, for in Mexico there also is a Guadalupe. === in this collection is another find in Mexico in which the giant skeletons were packed in leather bags, in a cave.

      Cal
        ============

    • C TRAYLOR
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 6, 2013

          THANKS ... comment is much appreciated.

        I have been out of the main stream of this subject for many years.  I received my "enlightenment" at a five-day retreat in a village, Quebec, Canada; speakers included two U.S. Ph.D.  One spoke on the history of language,  which supported the other subject. The other used "America B.C." by Barry Fell.  Later, Barry and I corresponded by letter and phone.  Knowing him was surely a great experience for me. He was so humble and helpful .... even to us beginners.

        Again, thank you,

        Cal

      • bigalemc2
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 6, 2013
          Here is one of those things that gives the Internet a bad name:

          I found an undated "report" that giant skeletons had been found near Guadalupe, NM.  The text is EXACTLY the same as the text of the NY Times report I linked to today.

          The worst aspect of this is tthat the headline suggests that there is some CURRENT archaeological activity.  An uninformed reader would read this that way.

          This site - GiantHumanSkeletons.blogspot.com - has no mechanism for commenting, and it also has no "About" link, so there is no way to point out to the reading public nor to the author that it is entirely disingenuous to post this as if it is a new report.

          This is the height of irresponsible blogging.

          The original news report has nothing in it to suggest that it is bogus, but THIS blog post is bogus because it is directly and intentionally plagiarizing a New York Times article from 1902.

          Steve Garcia

          --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "bigalemc2" wrote:

          > I found this NY Time article (pdf of the original article):Giant
          > Skeletons Found [Feb 11, 1902]

          2C1A9649C946397D6CF>

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 6, 2013
            Thanks Steve.   I did not see the blog myself, but I am trying to show that there are many reports from around the country since the Pilgrims dug up some pottery filled with corn in a grave on the Massachusetts coast.  (According to Zinn)  I have read that the first thanksgiving was an attempt to feed the struggling colonists with gifts of deer and turkey, to suggest to the new immigrants that they did not have to disturb the dead.

            Ted
            On Jan 6, 2013, at 5:29 PM, bigalemc2 wrote:

            Here is one of those things that gives the Internet a bad name:

            I found an undated "report" that giant skeletons had been found near Guadalupe, NM.  The text is EXACTLY the same as the text of the NY Times report I linked to today.

            The worst aspect of this is tthat the headline suggests that there is some CURRENT archaeological activity.  An uninformed reader would read this that way.

            This site - GiantHumanSkeletons.blogspot.com - has no mechanism for commenting, and it also has no "About" link, so there is no way to point out to the reading public nor to the author that it is entirely disingenuous to post this as if it is a new report.

            This is the height of irresponsible blogging.

            The original news report has nothing in it to suggest that it is bogus, but THIS blog post is bogus because it is directly and intentionally plagiarizing a New York Times article from 1902.

            Steve Garcia

            --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "bigalemc2" wrote:

            > I found this NY Time article (pdf of the original article):Giant
            > Skeletons Found [Feb 11, 1902]

            2C1A9649C946397D6CF>
            > about giant skeletons found buried on a ranch in New Mexico.
            > "...not less than 12 feet tall..."
            > "...forearm was 4 feet long..." [including the hand? Otherwise this one
            > sounds bogus on a 12 foot human --- WAY out of proportion...]
            > "...chest is reported to have a circumference of seven feet..." [84" !
            > ! !]
            > Steve Garcia

          • Rick O
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 7, 2013
              Angus McGaskill had an 80 chest in life and he was "only" 7'9". Of course, having meat on the bones would make a big difference...