Re: Medieval Norse in the Canadian Arctic

  • C TRAYLOR
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 18, 2012

       As for Viking presence in the Americas, I suggest we have hardly started that history.  One of my pet subjects is Chincoteague Pony. My thesis is that pony has a Viking heritage.

      As for Viking travel to the Americas, it may have been easier than we assume.  While flying from UK to Boston area, one trip I was awed by the number of ice bergs. That made me wonder if the Vikings took advantage of these bergs as over-night rest stops?

      Cal Traylor