Re: Medieval Norse in the Canadian Arctic

  • William Conner
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 14, 2012
      The intransigence of professional archaeologists on the subject of pre-Columbian Old World contact with North America is a tired and worn out story here in the USA.  If you desire some fresh air about North American archaeology, I urge you to obtain a copy of "Iron Age America: Before Columbus."  I am the author.  It is available from online book stores.

      William Conner, Columbus, Ohio USA
    • C TRAYLOR
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 18, 2012

        --
         As for Viking presence in the Americas, I suggest we have hardly started that history.  One of my pet subjects is Chincoteague Pony. My thesis is that pony has a Viking heritage.

        As for Viking travel to the Americas, it may have been easier than we assume.  While flying from UK to Boston area, one trip I was awed by the number of ice bergs. That made me wonder if the Vikings took advantage of these bergs as over-night rest stops?

        Cal Traylor