Mooring holes and magnatite

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15 9:21 AM
      Hi All
      I have spent some time in the study of the triangle holes drilled in stone
      which are called mooring stones. The work of Steve Hilgren and Judy Rudibush
      must be considered also as they have spent considerable time and study for this
      unique man made mark on stone.
      My opinion is only speculation from the collected data. I find that of the 20
      or so stone holes I have personally documented their are no two alike. They
      differ in location from sea level or water, they differ in position on the
      stones, (some verticle, some horrizontal) they differ in the number in groupings
      (some locations show more than 10 in an area less than 20 acers. They seem to
      have two sizes. They have depths from 1/2 in. to 9.5 in. Very few are to a
      common depth.
      The one common finding is that the stronger the magnetizem of the stone the
      deeper the hole.
      This seems to indicate the hole was for gathering magnetite as the lead cause
      for their existance. The need for this material was to support their magnetic
      compass and identify their longitude location on the earth. Especially when they
      were making and locating a land claim marker such as the KRS. By measuring the
      variance between magnetic north and true north they could establish their
      longitude at that time. Because of the eastward drift of the earths magnetic
      field of about 50 miles every 100 years this can be used to date markers that
      were placed in a specific location at the marking time.
      The KRS was placed likely in its current location in 1472 when this location
      was zero variance in magnetic declination. The date of 1362 on the stone is
      contrary to this location, however it could be that the makers of the stone were
      respecting the 1362 expedition that originally marked the zero variance about 65
      miles west of Kensington, Minn.
      King Magness instructed Paul Knutson to find the north pole in 1362. He found it
      65 miles west of the KRS where a grouping of mooring holes exist. (note: their
      are only six locations on the earth where no variance between magnetic north and
      true north exist. North pole, south pole and 4 wandering lines on the earths
      surface that connect the north and south pole.)Was this Knutsons north pole?
      The Kings of Portugal and Denmark instructed J. Cort real to claim all the
      unclaimed land to the west as far as the eye can see. (note: when looking at the
      earth as a ball as far as the eye can see to the west is 90 degrees. This would
      place the claim marker at the KRS position in Minn.)
      The following link explains the qualities of magnetite and its function as a
      magnetic compass. ( http://geology.com/minerals/magnetite.shtml )
      If you needed magnetite for your lodestone compass to make sure your very
      important reading was correct you would drag your sword in the black sand and
      collect it on the steel. If you had no sand or beach you would drill a hole in a
      rock and collect it from the steel drill.
      If we can find mooring holes in the Azores or runic letters with a hooked X we
      may add to the truth and date of some of are mysterious artifacts and stone