Call for Papers -International Symposium on Chert and Other Knappable Materials

  • jameyboyusa
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2012

      Yahoo Group: ArchaeologyTheoryMethod

    • james m clark jr
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2012
        From: Geoarchaeology topics [mailto:GARCH-L@...] On Behalf Of
        valdegru@...

        FIFTH ARHEOINVEST SYMPOSIUM

        `Stories Written in Stone'

        International Symposium on Chert and Other Knappable Materials

        <http://arheoinvestsymposium.uaic.ro/stone>
        http://arheoinvestsymposium.uaic.ro/stone

        Greetings!

        The organisers of the International Symposium on Chert and other Knappable
        Materials are now accepting presentation abstracts. Abstracts should be
        around 200–300 words. They may also contain one image. Please include also
        the following information: (1) title; (2) presenter(s) and affiliated
        institutions of each; (3) preferred session (see the `Sessions' page); and
        (4) presentation type — oral or poster. Abstracts should be sent to Otis
        Crandell at otis.crandell@.... All papers will be evaluated by the
        Scientific Committee. The deadline for submitting abstracts is 1 February
        2013.

        The symposium will cover all aspects of knapped stone raw materials from
        geological origin, to mining, usage, and laboratory analyses on these
        materials. Although we expect that there will be more focus on chert and
        other microcrystalline quartz varieties, we also encourage presentations
        related to other knappable materials such as obsidian, quartzite, and
        rhyolite. Papers will be accepted on any culture or time period. Whether you
        are a field archaeologist, laboratory researcher, ethnographer or a modern
        day knapper yourself, come tell your stories.

        A copy of the call for papers announcement is attached to this email. Please
        post a copy of it to your faculty bulletin board, or forward this email
        along to anyone you think might be interested in the symposium. For more
        information, please visit the symposium website (
        <http://arheoinvestsymposium.uaic.ro/stone>
        http://arheoinvestsymposium.uaic.ro/
        <http://arheoinvestsymposium.uaic.ro/stone> stone), or contact Otis Crandell
        (otis.crandell@...) or Vasile Cotiuga (vasicot@...).

        We hope to see you in Iasi next summer.

        Regards,

        Vasile Cotiuga
        (Head of the Planning Committee)

        Otis Crandell
        (Head of the Scientific Committee)

        Print-quality poster (A3)

        <http://arheoinvestsymposium.uaic.ro/august_2013/5th_Arheoinvest_Symposium_-
        _International_Symposium_on_Chert_and_other_Knappable_Materials_-_A3_poster.
        tif>
        http://arheoinvestsymposium.uaic.ro/august_2013/5th_Arheoinvest_Symposium_-_
        International_Symposium_on_Chert_and_other_Knappable_Materials_-_A3_poster.t
        if

        First announcement:

        <http://arheoinvestsymposium.uaic.ro/august_2013/International_Symposium_on_
        Chert_and_other_Knappable_Materials_-_1st_Announcement.pdf>
        http://arheoinvestsymposium.uaic.ro/august_2013/International_Symposium_on_C
        hert_and_other_Knappable_Materials_-_1st_Announcement.pdf

        Call for papers:

        <http://arheoinvestsymposium.uaic.ro/august_2013/5th_Arheoinvest_Symposium_-
        _International_Symposium_on_Chert_and_other_Knappable_Materials_-_Call_for_p
        apers.pdf>