P. 23 from Johnson's Forest Lake Mounds article (between Lakes Superior and Michigan)

  • Susan English
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2012
      Thanks, Ted.  After reading the recent posts you started here on old water routes titled "Hello"
      I looked for a map or aerial shot on the ancient shortcut between the two most westerly Great Lakes
      and found Judy Johnson's photo essay.  I dont know if I am knowledgeable enough to spot mounds,
      Manmade circles, or anything beyond meteor strikes, but will perhaps trek into the Forest Lake site
      with an experienced researcher or land surveyor at a future time.

      It was not my intention to paste Judy's entire and interesting  'circle mounds' article into my last post.
       I fortunately referenced the link, but here is p. 23 showing the area around what I believe to have been
      the once much larger ancient 'Great Lakes' waterway.  Then later an undoubtedly significant portage route between what became Lakes Superior and Michigan.

      Forest Lake Circle Mounds

      from JudSlide: 23 of 25

      We were unable to load the slide.
      We were unable to load the slide.

      Forest Lake Circle Mounds

      from JudyMJohnson856 views,Slide: 23 of 25

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2012
        Sorry,   i just cannot get the single photo into my post.

        I am enjoying all of the fine posts from this group.  Ted, Vince and many if you who are regularly posting are doing a fine job carrying this group forward.

        Susan