Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Iron Use in the Viking Age

  • Frode Th. Omdahl
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2012
      Great link!  Thanks!   Frode
    • Susan English
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2012
        Terry,
        Interesting article. I overlooked seeing it until reading old emails tonight.

        I am curious if William Connor has seen evidence of similar types of iron furnaces in his research.

        And, Judi Rudebusch and Valdimer---what do you make of what looks like the familiar triangular stone holes in the photo third from the bottom of the page?

        Susan

        On Sep 21, 2012, at 11:28 AM, "land_lubber" <aa376@...> wrote:

        Donna Thompson posted this on the NEARA group today. Great article:

        Stumbled on this today and thought you might enjoy it:

        http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/bog_iron.htm