Re: Will DNA turn Madoc myth into reality?

  • Rick O
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2012
      Agreed. I examine the 6th century version extensively in my book.

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "land_lubber" <aa376@...> wrote:

      > On the theory that the Khumric (i.e., Welsh) Prince Madoc explored and settled parts of North America, there are arguments that place these possible events in the 6th-century AD, rather than the 12th-century.
      >
      > http://kingarthurslegacy.com/
      >
      > http://treasure1.tripod.com/wilson.html

    • William Conner
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2012
        Cal:

        Not here in Columbus by members of the Midwestern Epigraphic Society, my archaeolgy club.

        Fell's work with the Ogam inscriptions on the walls of Kentucky cave shelters was investigated by the MES 20 years ago.

        William Conner
        "Iron Age America: Before Columbus"

          Twenty - thirty years ago I was pretty well on the cutting edge of this subject .... of what was published then. It seems the name Barry Fell et all has been covered by the dust of time.

          Just checked the Internet with search question and made my heart much better: dr. barry fell america b.c

          CAL
          All historic facts are subject to change hourly, Cal

          COPY=PASTE this in your search window

          ...... Pat Garrett killing = by Adamson + two pistols

          See an abridged account supported by documentation.

        • William Conner
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
            Cal:

            Once an MES fellow, always a fellow.   But honors bestowed upon the worthy are to be found in our dusty archives.  If you are interested, the club still exists and I can steer you to the person who collects dues and keeps track of memberships.  Members who reside far beyond our home city, Columbus, receive our MES Journal via email.

            Many organizations these days send their publications via email, including my Alma mater, Ohio U.  One has the option of printing it or just viewing it onscreen.  This saves paper and money.   We have an annual symposium with interesting speakers.

            William Conner
            Columbus, Ohio

            Author of "Iron Age America: Before Columbus"
            Member of the MES since 1989

            (graduate of the Ohio University School of Journalism, retired professional science writer, former member of the Public Relations staff of Bell Labs, and former member of the Press Gallery of the US Senate and House of Reprensentatives in Washington, DC).