Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: Too Bad the Group is Ending

  • TRAYLOROO
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 20, 2012
      Can I alter your posting?  If it was undesirable, can I remove it or portions?

      Below, I just goofed around .... see if it stays .

      CAL
      =====================================

        ca 1906  - Pat Garrett had a large manuscript, soon to publish;  one source wrote.
      Any other sources?

      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 25, 2012
        Vince, the reason I made this decision "without your input" is that I have not received any reply after trying to reach you by email via your Yahoo! email address. Perhaps it got lost in transit?

        In any case, if you would like to remain as moderator of this ongoing group and be responsible for monitoring the board, removing spam and porn, and settling disputes among members, please just say so in a post here. I will then delete myself and the site will be yours.

        But you have to promise to take care of the site. You can't just abandon it yourself later without vaporizing it, because in that case it would become a sad repository for detritus and reflect negatively on the original founders and participants.

        It's your choice now.

        Stan

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Vince" <v_barrows@...> wrote:

        > Sorry also to hear of the other moderators decision to end this group of more than one hundred people. The files, correspondence and information contained within group files should be considered.
        >
        > I hope the moderators will consider the others views in this decision. This decision was made without my input, and so I have put together a poll at the following link:

      • David S Brody
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 25, 2012

          As some of you may already know, the Eagle Scout project to build a protective cover over the Westford Knight site has been derailed by a single property owner who has filed suit to try to block the project. I have created an online petition in hopes of getting this lawsuit dropped. Please consider signing it here:

          http://www.thepetitionsite.com/647/852/316/allow-eagle-scout-to-build-protective-cover-for-westford-knight-carving/?fb_action_ids=10151137483572372&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151137483572372%22%3A10151198527413615%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151137483572372%22%3A%22og.recommends%22%7D&action_ref_map

          Thanks.

          Dave Brody

        • TRAYLOROO
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 25, 2012
             I did it.

             The record seems to show all agencies involved in approval ... and did approve .. subject to there being no legal issues.

            Also, it appears the land owner made no protest during the preliminary hearings.

            There is no mention of any trespass, that is not an issue.

            I suggest the shelter include a covert security camera ..... JUST IN CASE ....  Adequate still camera with infared light for night snaps, they are about $100, size of a big orange.

            CAL

            .                                                                   .

            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 25, 2012
              Stan
              I would like to remain as moderator of this ongoing group and be responsible for monitoring the board, removing spam and porn, and settling disputes among members. Ted and I promise to take Care Of The site
              Thanks
              Vince

              ------------------------------
              On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 1:00 PM EDT minnesotastan@... wrote:

              >Vince, the reason I made this decision "without your input" is that I have not received any reply after trying to reach you by email via your Yahoo! email address. Perhaps it got lost in transit?
              >
              >In any case, if you would like to remain as moderator of this ongoing group and be responsible for monitoring the board, removing spam and porn, and settling disputes among members, please just say so in a post here. I will then delete myself and the site will be yours.
              >
              >But you have to promise to take care of the site. You can't just abandon it yourself later without vaporizing it, because in that case it would become a sad repository for detritus and reflect negatively on the original founders and participants.
              >
              >It's your choice now.
              >
              >Stan
              >

              >--- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Vince" <v_barrows@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Sorry also to hear of the other moderators decision to end this group of more than one hundred people. The files, correspondence and information contained within group files should be considered.
              >>
              >> I hope the moderators will consider the others views in this decision. This decision was made without my input, and so I have put together a poll at the following link:

            • trayloroo
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 25, 2012
                I have been a member of this group since the beginning of time, or before. I object to being let up the path ..... AND THROWN OFF THE CLIFF .....

                Just leave it alone. See what happens.

                CAL

                ====================================

                --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Vincent Barrows <v_barrows@...> wrote:

                > Stan
                > I would like to remain as moderator of this ongoing group and be responsible for monitoring the board, removing spam and porn, and settling disputes among members. Ted and I promise to take Care Of The site
                > Thanks
                > Vince
                >
                > ------------------------------
                > On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 1:00 PM EDT minnesotastan@... wrote:
                >
                > >Vince, the reason I made this decision "without your input" is that I have not received any reply after trying to reach you by email via your Yahoo! email address. Perhaps it got lost in transit?
                > >
                > >In any case, if you would like to remain as moderator of this ongoing group and be responsible for monitoring the board, removing spam and porn, and settling disputes among members, please just say so in a post here. I will then delete myself and the site will be yours.
                > >
                > >But you have to promise to take care of the site. You can't just abandon it yourself later without vaporizing it, because in that case it would become a sad repository for detritus and reflect negatively on the original founders and participants.
                > >
                > >It's your choice now.
                > >
                > >Stan
                > >

                > >--- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Vince" <v_barrows@> wrote:
                > >>
                > >> Sorry also to hear of the other moderators decision to end this group of more than one hundred people. The files, correspondence and information contained within group files should be considered.
                > >>
                > >> I hope the moderators will consider the others views in this decision. This decision was made without my input, and so I have put together a poll at the following link:

              • Jeff
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 27, 2012
                  Thank you for offering to keep our group going, Mr. Barrows.

                  I have moved on to other things, as my postings indicated, and have not been checking new messages online.

                  Sorry to hear about the change--even if no one could keep up with the demands of ongoing moderation, it might be desirable to keep the online archive going as a resource, while declining new postings.

                  Warm Regards,

                  Jeff Lewin

                  --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Vincent Barrows <v_barrows@...> wrote:

                  > Stan
                  > I would like to remain as moderator of this ongoing group and be responsible for monitoring the board, removing spam and porn, and settling disputes among members. Ted and I promise to take Care Of The site
                  > Thanks
                  > Vince
                  >
                  > ------------------------------
                  > On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 1:00 PM EDT minnesotastan@... wrote:
                  >
                  > >Vince, the reason I made this decision "without your input" is that I have not received any reply after trying to reach you by email via your Yahoo! email
                  address.  Perhaps it got lost in transit?

                  > >In any case, if you would like to remain as moderator of this ongoing group and be responsible for monitoring the board, removing spam and porn, and settling disputes among members, please just say so in a post here.  I will then delete myself and the site will be yours.
                  > >
                  > >But you have to promise to take care of the site.  You can't just abandon it yourself later without vaporizing it, because in that case it would become a sad repository for detritus and reflect negatively on the original founders and participants.
                  > >
                  > >It's your choice now.
                  > >
                  > >Stan
                  > >

                  > >--- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Vince" <v_barrows@> wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >> Sorry also to hear of the other moderators decision to end this group of more than one hundred
                  people. The files, correspondence and information contained within group files should be considered.

                  > >> I hope the moderators will consider the others views in this decision. This decision was made without my input, and so I have put together a poll at the following link:

                • james m clark jr
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 30, 2012
                    That would be great Vince!

                    be well,