Copper Country Ancient Sites Work Bee & welcome new members

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2012
      Welcome to the new members who joined the past few weeks.

      And thank you, Renoud for submitting the excellent Grave Creek Mounds II paper.

      For any of you travelimg to Upper Michigan's Keweenaw Peninsula August 18th & 19th and interested in joining the Copper Country Ancient Sites Conseevancy for a work weekend, see letter below and contac t AWS member, Bob Wheeler.

      Susan

      Hello All,
      This is to invite you on one or both of two working days on ancient sites here in the Copper Country.
      On August 18th, 9:30ish, we will meet at the Delaware mine to prepare the ancient copper mine site for a public dedication to be held a week later, the 25th to which all are welcomed.
      I hope we could have at least six people(more is always good) to weed whack, paint railings, clear brush, build signs and "other duties as assigned", I think we should be done by 3:00, give or take an hour.
      All materials and tools will be provided by Tom and Lani Poynter, Delaware Mine owners and all helpers will be welcomed to a free underground tour of the historic Delaware mine, which is quite impressive. We could make this a pot luck type of thing, let me know what you think.
      The next day we will be installing covers on the petroglyphs near Copper Harbor. Not so many hands needed for the work here, but you would get a chance to see the petroglyphs and how we are installing the protective covers.
      I'm sure many of you are busy, so let me know if you are free those days and interested in joining us, I don't need a commitment, just an indication if you are considering this.

      Thanks,

      Bob Wheeler
      Copper Country Ancient Sites Conservancy