Ancient Earthworks Society Field Trip 7/08 S. Wisconsin

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2012

      The Ancient Earthworks Society, Inc.
      is dedicated to the study and preservation of
      "Art Works on the Ground"--
      the magnificent effigy mounds
      of Wisconsin and the Mid-west.

      FIELD TRIP
      Sunday, July 8, 2012, 1:00PM

      "The Many Mounds at Nitschke Mounds Park"
      Guest Lecturer: Dr. James P. Scherz, maps from before the park was established and updates.

      Also available: AES Memberships, Maps and Reports on many sites ($5.00 to $15.00)

      One Mile of trail is open at Nitschke Mounds Park. Dress appropriately for grassy, wooded area with insects.
      Bring water, snack, hat, sunglasses as weather dictates.
      FORECAST IS MID-TO LOW 80s ON SUNDAY JUL. 8--comfortable compared to what we have recently experienced.
      After Nitschke, if there is time, we'll go to see some mounds just east of Horicon.

      CAR POOL INFORMATION:

      AES does not provide rides to the Field Trip locations.
      However, a few people have expressed interest in ride-sharing to reduce gas costs and emissions.
      If you are interested in driving or riding, reply to AES's email BY SAT. MORNING JULY 7 as follows:

      1. Your Name
      2. Your Phone Number AND Email Address
      3. State whether you will Drive or Ride
      4. If you are a Driver how many passangers you can take.
      5.  State your Departure Point:Madison (East Towne Center) or Baraboo (UCC)

      I will send the list back to all who inquire, and it will be up to you to make arrangements for yourselves.
      The designated departure point for Madison will be East Towne Center, main entrance at 11:50am.
      For Baraboo it will be the United Church of Christ at Broadway and 6th Ave. at 10:50am.
      It's customary in other orgs for the riders to give the drivers a few dollars to cover gas..
      Linda, AES

      For more information:

      Linda Meadowcroft,  608-356-3556

      Dave Weier, 608-241-1444

    • minnesotafun@wans.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2012
        How did the field trip go? Would love to hear the details from anyone who went!