Re: New facebook sight Old Copper Complex and Ancient Waterways America

  • james m clark jr
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2012

      That looks like the box I'd check if I had a facebook account or page.

      A folder and a AWS link or in a post and you're good to go... to the sight (sic).

      Preforming a unsecue Yahoo search for:
      Old Copper Complex and Ancient Waterways America

      ... was unlisted for initial page result... however, the dogpile search engine listed

      Minnesota 2

      www.slideshare.net/rmdejonge/minnesota-2
      Found exclusively on: Bing
      De Jonge, R.M., "V-Shaped Glyph (Pennsylvania, c. 2000 BC)", Ref.5, to be published.41. Robin Hammer, Website: Old Copper Complex and Ancient Waterways America

      Are you also  Robin Hammer mentioned by AWS member Dr.  de Jonge ?

      America is fairly large for... not 1 but  2 continents on facebook or other social media outlets.
      Old Copper Complex is like the Ocmulgee Old Fields...  initally local terms before they were adopted
      by early anthropologist etc.

      be well,
      jamey

      neighborhood youngsters started calling me Jay awhile back

      > Require Secure Connection:
      > Checking this box will will prevent members of this group from viewing its
      > content except when browsing Facebook over a secure connection.
      >

      > Jay, I did check this button on the Facebook Old Copper Complex and Ancient
      > Waterways sight.  Is this what you meant?  Any comments/suggestions to make it
      > more secure will be greatly appreciated.  :)  Thanks Jay.
      > Robin
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Prophecykeepers Foundation
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 10, 2012
        Today New York City is the Big Apple of the Northeast but new research reveals that 500 years ago, at a time when Europeans were just beginning to visit the New World, a settlement on the north shore of Lake Ontario, in Canada, was the biggest, most complex, cosmopolitan place in the region.

        Occupied between roughly A.D. 1500 and 1530, the so-called Mantle site was settled by the Wendat (Huron). Excavations at the site, between 2003 and 2005, have uncovered its 98 longhouses, a palisade of three rows (a fence made of heavy wooden stakes and used for defense) and about 200,000 artifacts. Dozens of examples of art have been unearthed showing haunting human faces and depictions of animals, with analysis ongoing. http://news.yahoo.com/ancient-york-city-canada-discovered-141209740.html
      • WilliamC
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012
          PLEASE!!! Don't mess with the English language. I'seeing much too much misspelling in the archaeological discussion groups. It's "site" folks, not "sight" (as in "eye sight")
          but "site" as in a location!!! Get out the DICTIONARY!!

          --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "james m clark jr" <jameyboy@...> wrote:

          > Is it a secure social media outlet Robin?
          > Facebook for example now has the option to
          > change personal settings to https... perhaps
          > that issue at Yahoo Groups is the next upgrade
          > to look foward to.
          >
          > Since Yahoo Apps is nolonger an option to AWS
          > grouplets at the AWS site a secure Social M1edia
          > folder in AWS Links should be created for member
          > links to those outlets.
          >
          > be well,
          > mirage inspector jay
          >
          > --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "minnesotafun@" <minnesotafun@> wrote:
          > >
          > > For those of you on Facebook, I created a new sight called "Old Copper Complex and Ancient Waterways America". This is an open forum sight dedicated to Old Copper Complex and Ancient Waterways of North America. It's a place to discuss theory's and discovery's, and to work out solutions to questions we may have. Like this forum, we will get some "verbal volleyball" going with people in many fields of expertise. By working together, we will be able to make the larger steps forward , with the end game being that the true history of North America will be known......as a fact. It is not meant to compete with this sight, but to compliment it. Everyone here is welcome to check it out, as it is an open forum. There is no "join" button on this type of facebook sight. If you want to be able to make comments on the sight, you need to send a message asking to join, or have another member that is already on it, such as myself, or this sights co-administrator Susan, add you. Once added, you can add anybody else that you feel may be interested in the sight. The way I feel....with the greater the availability to this invaluable history, comes the greater the interest and shared knowledge.
          > > Robin (Hammer) Mueller

        • C TRAYLOR
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012

               ==================
            OK Mueler ... I appreciate your generosity. Thank you.  Cal

            This message is in English, thank our veterans

            for keeping the front lines .... over there.

          • ROBIN MUELLER
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012
              William, this was corrected many months ago on the "site", and actually hours after mistyping it.  I'm not sure why you are not putting something positive up here, maybe some of the interesting things you do have such a passion in.  I didn't feel the need to try to correct the mis-spelling on this "site".  No need.   Six months from now, I may have mis-spelled another word by typing to fast, or being short on sleep, but hopefully, because of "sites" like these, i'll be a little bit smarter...weather, or whether, I use spell correct.

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012
                Thanks for all who kept up on this "site", as my sight has not been OK since my recent cataract surgery.  I have not been able to see well enough to  spend time on the computer and cover the site, and really, why quibble about such small things?

                Thanks to Cal for recogignizing 11/11 and our veterans, and I hope the VA can help all of those recent returning vets who need the help of all of us.  Eleventh hour, eleventh day, the eleventh month, for those not old enough to remember the first world war.  I have many fond memories of a survivor ot the Sommes, named Jack Slattery, who was a shell shock victim.  For those who could not get a veterans home bed like Mr. Slattery, he was literally farmed out to an upstate farm outside the city he grew up in, and a elderly couple took him in and he did jobs like collect eggs, clean the coop, and whatever else he could handle.  He was a gentle man, but couid no longer speak hardly at all.  I was less than ten in those days, but I knew what a sacrifice this fellow made when he was 18, for the country, and us.

                My respects to all who served wheneve, whereever, and wish they had a cure for the old doughboy when he returned home.  I heard a story about a friends brother the other day, who was in Lebannon when the barracks exploded.   He has serious PTSD, in an engagement that many have forgotten.   He was on a destroyer off shore that had nuclear armament, and was the man on the button.   Do something for a vet tomorrow in what ever way you think proper.

                ted

                On Nov 11, 2012, at 6:44 PM, C TRAYLOR wrote:

                --