Fwd: Will work at Allendale County archaeological dig rewrite human history?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 2012

      Begin forwarded message:

      Here is something to think about.   Comet that wiped out the Clovis people, like the one that hit Tanguska in Siberia, but larger and much longer ago.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 22, 2012
        Ted, did you get the right link cut-n-pasted?
        That link led to a story about the now-famous Topper Site in Allendale County S.C. as being uncovered by Dr. Albert Goodyear, showing evidence of pre-Clovis people waaay before the Clovis folk.
        No mention of a comet impact event.

        Speaking of which... archaeological evidence aside, the Midewiwin Medicine Society of the Grand Medicine Lodge traditions (amongst the Anishinaabe [Cree/Ojibway] and Iroquois [Seven Clans] Peoples, both) account for just such an impact event in their deep, legend records. According to the Native account, it did cause exactly such a huge, scorched earth situation from which great devistation and near extinction of all animal, plant and human life in northern N.America resulted. The story, as told in the Lodge is long, complicated and one of the best tale full of detail, tribulation, social and physical struggles ever heard.

        So if anyone talks about finding evidence to such an event in geology or palentology, the Natives would just smile and say... "Told jya so!"
        -chris p

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 23, 2012
          Ted did you 'foward' this online from the site?

          Don't assume Ted sent this... I'm not sure it's Ted anyway

          With the brief view option, message #3073 appears textless
          somewhat as the viral message some assumed was from Martin
          not long ago. Spacing the text as in this message could cause
          message in emails sent as 'Spam' as some ''Special Notice' emails from Yahoo! to your webmail or email. Not to mention it is a red flag online and could be viral.

          I am currently unalbe to check the link to see if it is
          viral at the moment

          PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN LINK IF YOUR SECURITY PROGRAM
          IS NOT CURRENTLY UPDATED

          . On July 04, 2012, we will shut down the Yahoo! Groups Labs Applications (beta)and Groups Chat . We request you to backup any data that you might have created using the applications - The Yahoo! Groups Team.

          For the first time in 12 year my yahoo account may have been compromized. I change my password right at 24 hrs ago but still can't view "My Groups' online to access groups randomly. Automaticly redirected back to the "Sign In" page but it appears I have access to each group. With "My Yahoo" the "My Groups" link at the site and Yahoo! group page may also be terminated to use it instead.

          Yahoo could have picked a different date than July 4th but they do tend to use holidays for publicity as well. I am reminded of the book Fearful Master to an extent and Bugs Bunny in a kettle but at the same time Yahoo is getting rid of the old shell and upgrading rather quickly it seems... hopefully to a 2.0 format and all the updated features that is a part of it.

          be well,
          jamey

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 23, 2012
            I did sent the link.
            It is from an old newspaper story fro, 2008.

            worked fine for me.
            ted

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 23, 2012
              Hello Crispy,

              Here it is on that page.

              AN EXTRATERRESTRIAL CHANGE

              There is cosmic evidence that could add proof to Goodyear's theory.

              For four years, Arizona geophysicist Dr. Allen West has been working on a comet theory, which was published in the National Academy of Sciences last year.

              Topper is connected to the theory which says a comet exploded over the continent about 12,900 years ago, wiping out mammoths and mastodons, killing the first North Americans and triggering a new Ice Age.

              West first developed the theory at Gainey, Mich., another Clovis site, where he found microscopic balls that fell off of the comet. This material rarely exists on Earth and is usually produced by a meteorite or shooting star. West said that generally speaking, only one of these microscopic balls will fall a year.

              In Gainey, he found 56,000 of them.

              That got him thinking that an extraterrestrial event could have occurred. He began examining other Clovis sites. He's found similar materials in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Canada, off the coast of California and at Topper.

              "One of the oddest things... we found that the burned 'spherals' (at Topper) seem to be made out of tree sap," West said. "So we figure when a comet came through, it set fire to a clear amount of the landscape and they (the spherals) formed when the trees were burning. We looked at them with powerful, million-dollar microscopes and they are loaded with diamonds."

              While West said he's tempted to sell them on eBay, the diamonds are smaller than a bacteria and invisible without the expensive microscopes. They formed, he said, when the comet shot through Earth's atmosphere, causing dramatic climate and pressure change.

              West believes the comet landed in fragments across the United States and wiped out much of human and animal life, either through the impactor the subsequent change in climate and temperature. Large animals likely starved to death, West said.

              While the loss of life was massive, some creatures, including humans, survived.

              "It's been a real mystery as to why this thing suddenly occurred when the Ice Age appeared to be over," he said. "We had never seen it in previous glacial cycles. It happened at a time when things should have been getting warmer."

              After the comet catastrophe, West said the Clovis culture collapsed. Goodyear's work appears to back that assertion up: Few Clovis artifacts are found after that point.

              West returned to Topper last week to collect more sediment samples for analysis.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 23, 2012
                The link that's at the AWS site you sent or the site you visited worked fine? ... it was Chris that asked if you sent the right link.
                I intended to ask if you forwarded from the AWS site if you sent it from AWS online... sorry about the clarity issue but I still don't know if its the right link. just a good thing regarding grouplet tasks via email or AWS site... something that has to be done now that ocupation Apps is nolonger an assumed movement. Hopefully AWS is still headed in the right direction at yahoo.

                Has anyone considered a AWS sister site that is not a social media outlet but rather a classroom setting provided by University hosted site? I did this with Ocmulgee yahoo and Ocmuglee at nicenet at Berkley...it's free and public

                be well,
                jamey