Fwd: AES Field Trip Sunday July 8, Nitschke Mounds

  • Susan English
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22 11:22 AM
      Day trip by Ancient Earthworks Society for anyone in the Madison-Burnett, Wisconsin area.  If maps/Mapquest directions don't go through, I will gladly email them to you.

      From: Ancient Earthworks Society of Wisconsin <ancientearthworks@...>
      Date: June 22, 2012 1:14:32 PM CDT
      To: ancientearthworks@...
      Subject: AES Field Trip Sunday July 8, Nitschke Mounds

      The Ancient Earthworks Society
      is dedicated to the study and preservation of
      "Art Works on the Ground"--
      the magnificent effigy mounds of Wisconsin
      and the Midwest.
      Please SAVE THIS DATE:
      Sunday, July 8, 2012

      "The Many Mounds at Nitschke Mound Park and Horicon"
      Guest Lecturer: Dr. James P. Scherz, m
      aps from before the park was established and updates.

      Also available: AES Memberships, Maps and Reports on many sites ($5.00 to $15.00)

      One Mile of trail is open at Nitschke Mounds Park. Dress appropriately for grassy, wooded area with insects.
      Bring water, snack, hat, sunglasses as weather dictates.
      After Nitschke, if there is time, we'll go to see some mounds just east of Horicon.

      For more information:

      Linda Meadowcroft,  608-356-3556
      Dave Weier, 608-241-1444