Re: Possible Mississippi Map on Kensington Rune Stone

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2012
      Welcome to the group, Robin.  With an email address "Minnesotafun...". Presumably you are from that state.  (Ancient Waterways host, MinnesotaStan is actually from Wisconsin, though has land near ancient Leech Lake, Minnesota).  Thank you also for your introduction and information about your work.

       Before commenting on it, I also wish to welcome another newcomer
      who joined last week, Kara G. From 'Burrton'.  If you are fom Burrton, Kansas, you may already be acquainted and or familiar with Crystal and Wayne Trickle and their work on Kansas Inscriptions and Archaoastronomy.

      Robin,
      Thank you for also submitting the poto of the KRS stone and details of a very interesting theory.
       Members can access the photo for a few days yet on the Home Page by clicking  1 New Photo
      If anyone has links or photos to other ballast or map stones, please reply dirctly to Robin's post.
      Robin, you mentioned the Burrows map and i am assuming it to be the map John White has
      in his collection. We posted a MES (Midwestern Epigraphic Society)  article written by William
      and Mariyn Kreisle awhile ago, included here again:

      http://www.midwesternepigraphic.org/sMap01.html

      If not the one you are referring to, send a link or photo of the correct one. Thanks!  And agin, welcome.

      Susan, a co-host

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "gotasaywhatsonmymind" <minnesotafun@...> wrote:

      > Hello! I am new to this sight, so I will introduce myself. My name is Robin (Hammer) Mueller. I am also a member of the Kensington Rune Stone International Supporters Facebook sight. I posted a photo on this sight of a possible map on the front of the KRS that I found. I also found a possible map on the top of it also. My theory is that the KRS stone was a map, first most, then was used much later as a stone to write a dire message on. I think the front of the KRS is that of the Mississippi. Please look in the photo section to see the picture. I put a google earth image next to it. The similarites are amazing! I also think that this map, along with the Burrows map may be tied together. I think the stone was carried as possibly a ballast stone with a map on it, bringing their group up and down the waterway, to mine for copper, ore and other metals. I think the stone could be the smoking gun that ties all of the pre-columbian visitors together. The KRS may go way back further than the inscription of 1392. I am not an expert in anything, but am an amature historian. I have no reputation on the line....just am interested in history of what may really be the truth. Does anyone have any thoughts on my possible map theory? Scott Wolters has looked at it, and said he thought is was natural. I still am looking into it, and am working with someone that might have an greatly important historical connection with it. All imput into this is greatly appreciated! :) It's just my theory...but it really does look like this is a map. Robin

    • gotasaywhatsonmymind
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2012
        Thank you Susan for the link. That is exactly the one I was talking about. I think all these things tie into the same thing....that the Mississippi was a well traveled waterway by an ancient culture that dates back long...long before the runes were carved on the KRS stone. Was this map made previous to their journey here, and used as their guide up and down the Mississippi? The bends in the river are the same, and when you look at the google map, zoomed down on your own computor...look at the curved loops in the river...do you see mining there? I think these people came as mineral miners, not as land settlers. They came, they mined, they returned with their product, then came back again. The waterway of the Mississippi, that is on the KRS, was their route. Caves, weather is was for mining or not...is where all of these artifacts and hints of previous ancient coultures, are showing up. And....how does anyone explain all the ancient mines in upper Michigan..Isle Royale..ect. Even Kensington Mn area has caves. If the map theory on the KRS were to be true, that would mean they came through Lake Michigan to the Mississippi,(not Lake Superior or Hudson Bay as previously thought), then up to Kensington on it. They could have gone south from the same point, and explored that area also. Were they here as ancient mineral miners??? Was the KRS a map from very...very early time period? Was the "dire message" written on the KRS a code showing where hidden things were, and not really about the message on the stone? Or, was the message written on a cast off stone that wasn't needed anymore, as far as a map stone. Lots of scenarios here? Debate is a great thing...it makes up think about possibilites.