Re: [ancient_waterways_society] AES Aztalan, June 10, Update & directions

  • Susan English
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2012
      Hi Crystal,

      I did not drive down to Madison to attend today's event and I havent been to any of their functions since Ancient Earthworks reorganized. If Jim Scherz, Steve Stegerwald, Dave Weier, MinnesotaStan or other AES members who are also members of our group see your message, please respond on site here. I am assuming the talks are outside and I have not been aware of other videotapes available with that geoup. But good suggestion for future activities....

      Crystal, if able to share the latest research activities of you and Wayne, please post an update. Have you or are you planning on speaking again at NEARA or Midwestern Epigraphic Society?

      Thanks for your continuing interest,
      Susan

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jun 9, 2012, at 4:20 PM, Crystal Trickle <wtrickle@...> wrote:

      > Hi Susan I wondered if there would be any way I could get a video copy of this.I would pay for it... Please let me know.
      > Thanks,
      > Crystal trickle
      >

      > Sent from my iPod

    • wayne trickle
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 20, 2012
        Hi Susan !
           Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. We have made some very exciting discoveries recently. I am looking into speaking at some conferences in the future. I will try to post a few things for you as well.I am currently writing a book about the archaeoastronomy and inscriptions that are in our research areas. I have a simple question for the group....of how much interest is there in archaeoastronomy and the simple meaning behind the certain days of the solar or lunar calenders that have been researched so far?
        Thanks,
        Crystal

        I did not drive down to Madison to attend today's event and I havent been to any of their functions since Ancient Earthworks reorganized. If Jim Scherz, Steve Stegerwald, Dave Weier, MinnesotaStan or other AES members who are also members of our group see your message, please respond on site here. I am assuming the talks are outside and I have not been aware of other videotapes available with that geoup. But good suggestion for future activities....

        Crystal, if able to share the latest research activities of you and Wayne, please post an update. Have you or are you planning on speaking again at NEARA or Midwestern Epigraphic Society?

        Thanks for your continuing interest,
        Susan

        Sent from my iPad

        On Jun 9, 2012, at 4:20 PM, Crystal Trickle <wtrickle@...> wrote:

        > Hi Susan I wondered if there would be any way I could get a video copy of this.I would pay for it... Please let me know.
        > Thanks,
        > Crystal trickle
        >

        > Sent from my iPod

      • james m clark jr
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 20, 2012
          V-e-r-y

          Irish programer Larry Lart may be able to provide data for such a use.

          it may fix an anomaly of the historical questions regarding an odd ten month calendar that had no weekly concept and at the same time
          grasping a better understanding of a 2 week month such as the Druidic calendar. Who knows the data provided and the sistum finds in Gaul and one found in northern Peru and few in Scandinava and perhaps elsewhere more than likely still has a story to tell.

          Larry is in SAA [Society of American Archaeology] at linkedin
          sistrum threads at percolumbina Inscriptions in Yahoo Groups

          be well,
          jamey

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2012
            Larry Lart's free/opensource astronomy software unimap program

            http://larryo.org/astronomy/software/unimap/index.html

            Perhaps Crystal, Larry Handcock and others at AWS could give a better review of this program. Such a link or file listed at AWS would make an interesting use of AWS's Database and perhaps intergrated with
            uonline: http://uni-map.net/uonline.html ... with only 44 registered users in that forum archaeoastronomy is bound to be taken to new hights elsewhere for some of us that wonder if the "stars are brighter in the depths of darkness". Perhaps there are better programs than this one but how do they compare user friendly wise?

            The philosophical debate between the late astronomer Dr. Ernest Martin's Sept 11th 3 B.C. date and the Urantia Book's Aug 21, 7BC date clash as far for "Star of Bethlehem" story... not to mention the the technological sources predate Radiohead's Ok Computer CD by a few decades. Nevertheless, there is a good chance that other literary sources do also... not to mention perhaps one day this will also be noted at Creation Wiki.

            be well,
            jamey