Who would you suggest that I talk to or research the mound builders & miners?

  • TeddyB
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7, 2012
      I have a sneaking suspicion that I need to know more about these mound builders as in the serpent mound and the miners that have left evidence in Michigan and Northern Minnesota?

      Is there someone that you could point me too? Perhaps a good resource?
    • charles bruns
      Message 2 of 9 , May 7, 2012
        Fred Rydholm (sp) Marquette, MI. has several good books.  Ancient Artifact Preservation Society is centered in copper country.  issues of Ancient American by editor Wayne May covers both these.  if you like the attachment, contact me off site at: charbruns@... , and tell me what you think.  chb

        I have a sneaking suspicion that I need to know more about these mound builders as in the serpent mound and the miners that have left evidence in Michigan and Northern Minnesota?

        Is there someone that you could point me too? Perhaps a good resource?

      • Prophecykeepers Foundation
        Message 3 of 9 , May 7, 2012
          Read Wiliam Pidgeon's "The Teachings of Dee-coo-dah" published about 1850 or so.

          I have a sneaking suspicion that I need to know more about these mound builders as in the serpent mound and the miners that have left evidence in Michigan and Northern Minnesota?

          Is there someone that you could point me too? Perhaps a good resource?

        • Larry Hancock
          Message 4 of 9 , May 7, 2012
            I have several hundred pages of notes and photographs I took from the internet. Just search "Mound Builders to begin. Then, practically every known mound site has a slew of entries. It is all right at your finger tips.

            Message 5 of 9 , May 7, 2012
              "Buried Cities" By George Kennedy is a good book and available through most inter library loan programs,

              Good hunting for more information on mounds.

              Message 6 of 9 , May 9, 2012
                Thanks for the lead and resource!

                Message 7 of 9 , May 9, 2012
                  Excellent thanks for the suggestion!

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 9, 2012
                    That is exactly where I start. It is amazing what one can now find online today. Yet, since there is so much out there, it is often like searching the haystack for the needle without a metal detector. It is just amazing that so many sites exist yet today and so little is known about them. With our current laws in place, we may never know anything more. What a crying shame.

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 9, 2012
                      Thank you for the suggested resource!